Third ROM for Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Is there an chance instead of naming each thread with stuff like "first ROM" and "second ROM" that the real ROM name can be used instead?

funkyb

Reaction score
running this ROM now, it's pretty slick :D

It sure looks nice. I am new to xda and can't post in the dev forum yet, can anyone please let me know what these updates entail?

• Odex rooted - deodex/odex is new to me, something to do with being able to modify individual modules after flashing?
  • Themed Gingerbread Keyboard - Can you still use the sense keyboard if you choose to?
  • SD Card Speed Fix - Haven't heard of this, are the SD card related bugs in the stock firmware?
  • Malware Patch - Any idea what this entails? Baked in AV or something similar?
  • Zipalign on boot - Zipalign?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can respond.

E

EntropikOne

It sure looks nice. I am new to xda and can't post in the dev forum yet, can anyone please let me know what these updates entail?

• Odex rooted - deodex/odex is new to me, something to do with being able to modify individual modules after flashing?
  • Themed Gingerbread Keyboard - Can you still use the sense keyboard if you choose to?
  • SD Card Speed Fix - Haven't heard of this, are the SD card related bugs in the stock firmware?

1. the odex/deodex i've never been 100% sure about what it is
2. YES! i'm currently using the HTC keyboard with it
3. i never usually look too much into 'speed fixes'...faster the better? :) lol
4. possibly
5. i believe this makes opening/running apps a bit quicker

This is all as far as I know, so if anyone would like to add/correct please do! :)

texanmike

Reaction score
Is there an chance instead of naming each thread with stuff like "first ROM" and "second ROM" that the real ROM name can be used instead?

Sorry. I started the "first rom" thread before there was a subforum from hacks. I didn't mean to start a trend.dancedroid

Mike

wingdo

Reaction score

For the forst question: odex vs deodex - Google Search The very first link should answer your question.

cnmsales

Reaction score
I agree, posts for roms should entail the name of the actuall rom now that more are coming out.

cnmsales

Reaction score
App to hide App drawer icons? Or manual way?

Is there any app out there that will hide icons from the app drawer?

I know LP will do this but its bloated and not something I want to run.

I found an app called audio manager and is what im using now, but with this if you have it hidden you can run it from a shortcut.

Or for example slideit KB, Even if you have the system set to use it and then hide the app, it wont work. Has to be shown.

Has to be a way as LP does it. Just dont need all the other stuff that comes with LP.

funkyb

Reaction score
For the forst question: odex vs deodex - Google Search The very first link should answer your question.

I guess I'll say thanks for not going to a full LMGTFY on me :)

At the time I made that post I had already done this and also had read the first thread as you suggested - there is only one response and it's not all that clear, hence my question here. (The person who attempts to answer the OP's question makes the error of using the terms he's trying to define in the explanation, which of course isn't the clearest way to define things. )

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Is there any app out there that will hide icons from the app drawer?

I know LP will do this but its bloated and not something I want to run.

I found an app called audio manager and is what im using now, but with this if you have it hidden you can run it from a shortcut.

Or for example slideit KB, Even if you have the system set to use it and then hide the app, it wont work. Has to be shown.

Has to be a way as LP does it. Just dont need all the other stuff that comes with LP.

Use he paid version of titanium backup to freeze apps then they will not show up in app drawer or consume any system resources.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk