Third Razr tomorrow.

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well looks like I'll be doing all this junk over again. On my first Razr the HDMI port wouldn't work. I got a new Razr but after a couple months now the battery will drain down very fast and the phone will get so hot that I can feel it through the clip on my otterbox defender case. Plus I've been missing notifications and texts on vibrate because the vibrate will just stop working. Only way to make it work is thump it on the side. So now they are sending my new one tomorrow and I'll have to reset up the phone just as if you do a hard reset. Another thing that sucks about that is some of my apps I have are working great but they have a update available but from what I'm reading is the update screws up the app. So now when i redo this new Razr tomorrow these "free" apps will go on in their updated state. Now that SUCKS!!! Thanks Motorola! Should have spent more time making a really good Razr instead of trying to make three half-butt versions of the same phone all within two months of the first one. Just my thoughts on it and i don't really care to hear a bunch of junk from some of you that doesn't even have the Motorola Razr. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.

debrad0307

Reaction score
Vent away... I feel your pain. I hope this 3rd one works out for you. :D

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well looks like I'll be doing all this junk over again. On my first Razr the HDMI port wouldn't work. I got a new Razr but after a couple months now the battery will drain down very fast and the phone will get so hot that I can feel it through the clip on my otterbox defender case. Plus I've been missing notifications and texts on vibrate because the vibrate will just stop working. Only way to make it work is thump it on the side. So now they are sending my new one tomorrow and I'll have to reset up the phone just as if you do a hard reset. Another thing that sucks about that is some of my apps I have are working great but they have a update available but from what I'm reading is the update screws up the app. So now when i redo this new Razr tomorrow these "free" apps will go on in their updated state. Now that SUCKS!!! Thanks Motorola! Should have spent more time making a really good Razr instead of trying to make three half-butt versions of the same phone all within two months of the first one. Just my thoughts on it and i don't really care to hear a bunch of junk from some of you that doesn't even have the Motorola Razr. Thanks for reading and have a blessed day.

Download Appmonster, and do a full backup of all apps first! Save the backup to the EXTERNAL SD CARD!!! It saves the actual APKs so you can restore anytime. Then take the card out BEFORE resetting the phone. When you get the new phone, simply reinstall the older (working) versions of the apps you have grown to love.

:icon_ lala:

OP
droidshot®

droidshot®

Reaction score
Download Appmonster, and do a full backup of all apps first! Save the backup to the EXTERNAL SD CARD!!! It saves the actual APKs so you can restore anytime. Then take the card out BEFORE resetting the phone. When you get the new phone, simply reinstall the older (working) versions of the apps you have grown to love.

:icon_ lala:
Thank you for that heads up my brother. You just saved me a couple hours of time. It came about 1 hour ago and I was done in twenty minutes. Most of that was trying to save my otterbox defender case. Those things are on there good. Thanks again and I'm praying this one lasts the full two years like my D-1 did.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank you for that heads up my brother. You just saved me a couple hours of time. It came about 1 hour ago and I was done in twenty minutes. Most of that was trying to save my otterbox defender case. Those things are on there good. Thanks again and I'm praying this one lasts the full two years like my D-1 did.

Happy to oblige! That's what makes these forums so cool...people helping people. If the politicians understood this we'd be in a heck of a lot less hot water right now! :gotmyvote:

geonh

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles man. I went through the same crap with my bionic. After the 3rd one they sent me was not right I somehow convinced cust. svce to send me a RAZR. They sent a refurb and not a new onw which was annoying but I've had it for a 5 weeks now and it's working perfectly as it's supposed to. Very frustrating to go through all of the calls and explanations and downright begging in the end but it all worked out for me, hope you have the same thing happen.

OP
droidshot®

droidshot®

Reaction score
This latest Razr is what I should have got on day one. This phone works just like it was supposed to. I set it up and use it just like I did the other two and I'm having no troubles at all. When I take it off of charge at 6am ,and use it just like the last two, it still has 20% at 1am. I haven't seen Motorola services running which would kill the battery and make the phone very hot. Now if this one will just last for the two years everything will be cool. Hope you all have a blessed day.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
This latest Razr is what I should have got on day one. This phone works just like it was supposed to. I set it up and use it just like I did the other two and I'm having no troubles at all. When I take it off of charge at 6am ,and use it just like the last two, it still has 20% at 1am. I haven't seen Motorola services running which would kill the battery and make the phone very hot. Now if this one will just last for the two years everything will be cool. Hope you all have a blessed day.

So happy it all worked out for you. I believe the RAZR is the best phone on the market, hands-down when you consider build quality, styling, size, phone call quality, features, and more. Once it gets ICS, it will have nothing to answer to the Galaxy Nexus for.

I wish you success at least until your next upgrade is available!

OP
droidshot®

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well I did figure out why that Motorola services was running on my Razr and killing and making the battery extremely hot. On the (device setup) you will see connect services. If you have Facebook checked that is the culprit. I didn't check it on my new phone and I haven't had any of the problems I was having with the first one. Just so some of you may want to know.

SGTSCHU

Reaction score
Thanks for the good news and I hope the 3rd one is a charm for me too. I'm waiting for my third to arrive in a couple days. Although I've told myself that another replacement will not be tolerated in the past, I love the phone too much not to put up a few bumps. They were really cool about it and when I told them about my concerns about going through a pack of screen protectors trying to get a working phone, they said they'd ship me a pack. :hail: