Third eye killing my battery

D

dankarlinski

It is not the theme... there is something else going on here...

From my Droid 2 on Fission 2.5.7 w/ thirdeye

D

dankarlinski

Like I said, there has to be something else going on. Something syncing or uploading or someting. Changing just a theme is like changing the wallpaper on a windows pc. Its just pictures

From my Liberated Droid 2

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Like I said, there has to be something else going on. Something syncing or uploading or someting. Changing just a theme is like changing the wallpaper on a windows pc. Its just pictures

From my Liberated Droid 2

Well I decided to switch to liberty and my battery life is much better

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

D

dankarlinski

Good choice. I did the same.

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.0)

Reaction score
Just bumping this thread because my battery life went all to **** the day I flashed the Third Eye theme on 2.4.3 on my D2G. I didn't make a SINGLE change other than the theme, and my battery started draining 10%+ an HOUR of idle/light usage. Today, after I flashed Blackout, I'm at 93% battery after 5.5 hours of light usage, which is more what I'm used to. I know that in theory a theme shouldn't/can't cause battery life issues, but I also know that I haven't made ANY changes besides the theme.

fishaholic

Reaction score
FWI im running 2.5.7 with third eye and battery is great, try reflashing the rom and theme

depdaDROID

Reaction score
I am running fission 2.4.3 and it is practically perfect! The battery drain is good and I always carry an xtra in case I am downloading youtube alot or browsing heavily...it has been a very smooth rom for me and I don't even want to upgrade it if I don't have to...oh I am using the 3rd eye theme ...its not causing any problems for me.
Do you use the battery manager in the settings? I set it for nightime mode most of the time(seems to economize on the bat.)..maybe you are set for performance mode..as well with your setcpu or overclock app. Make sure the are set conservatively..
Goodluck! Its not the rom or theme..

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Guys, I appreciate the input, but it's not helpful at all, because you're not listening to what I'm saying. I'm not some n00b who's asking why his battery sucks when he installed ATK...

I KNOW how to maximize my battery life. I wrote a (damn good) thread on it. I probably get better battery life than either of you.

I went from 24+ hours of battery under moderate use to less than 15 with light use. The ONLY change I made was switching to the Thirdeye theme. I ran this for 2 days and consistently saw less than 16 hours of use.

Today, I flashed the blacked out theme. Again, the ONLY change I've made to my phone in at least a week. Now I'm at 45% after 12 hours, with an hour of calls, 1/2 hour of games, plenty of email, text, and web browsing, and even some GPS/Navigation. This is MUCH better, and roughly what I was getting before.

I say again, the third eye theme caused me battery issues.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
People blindly swear up and down that a theme cant cause problems like this, but they dont really know unless they've seen it. Sure, a theme is mostly just a bunch of images, but something can definitely go haywire. On my D1, every theme took perfectly. On my D2, I have yet to have a theme that actually transfers ALL of the images. I'm always stuck with remnants of some old theme. And I never had issue as bad as the battery issues on Third eye, but it 100% was because of flashing that theme. Not saying the theme is bad, maybe D2's just are finicky when it comes to flashing things. But I know for certain that the battery issue happened to me after flashing Third eye and NOTHING else was changed.

D

dankarlinski

Going back and thinking about it, there could be framefork that is changed when you flash that causes some problem. That's all I can think of

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

TooL

Reaction score
Had the same issue with Third Eye... after installing over Squid battery life went down the toilet. One thing I did notice was Phone Idle was all of the sudden eating battery life like crazy.

Thought a bit and the only apps which were 'new' after the theme which I either had removed or didn't use were:
Micro Calendar
News and Weather

I removed both on 3/7 and battery life returned to normal. I have no idea why though....

droid doctor

Reaction score
Had the same issue with Third Eye... after installing over Squid battery life went down the toilet. One thing I did notice was Phone Idle was all of the sudden eating battery life like crazy.

WHAT?! Since I installed squidly I get 24 hrs of moderate to heavy use more moderate to heavy.

sent from my squidroid 2