Third eye killing my battery

Big Ry

Reaction score
I flashed Third Eye via the ROM manager and ever since, my phone dies so quickly. I woke up at 11:30, took my phone off the charger, used tapatalk a little, and sent probably 30 TXTs. By 12:30 I was at 70%...WTF?

trook

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right, you should go into spare parts and check your partial wake usage to see if theres a rouge app killing your battery. mine was caller id faker. It was just destroying my battery for some reason. If that doesnt work, try reflashing third eye cause Ive always used it and my battery lasts forever. Well forever in droid 2 terms.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
That doesn't sound right, you should go into spare parts and check your partial wake usage to see if theres a rouge app killing your battery. mine was caller id faker. It was just destroying my battery for some reason. If that doesnt work, try reflashing third eye cause Ive always used it and my battery lasts forever. Well forever in droid 2 terms.
USAGE TIME:
1. Tapatalk 12 11098003 ms
2. Clock 12 5729643 ms
3. Handcent 19 2731375 ms

LAUNCH COUNT:
1. LauncherPRO 56 2432480 ms
2. Handscent 19 2731375 ms
3. Gmail 17 972441 ms

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
47c503ed-a014-2aa0.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Yea has to be some rouge app you have cause I've been using third eye off and on from seven am and I'm still at 90

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Yea has to be some rouge app you have cause I've been using third eye off and on from seven am and I'm still at 90

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
doesnt look like a rouge app according to spare parts

D

dankarlinski

Your coverage is pretty low. bad coverage causes serious battery drain

From my Droid 2 on Fission 2.5.7 w/ thirdeye

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Your coverage is pretty low. bad coverage causes serious battery drain

im sitting in my apartment, where i always sit. i never had a problem stock, stock rooted, or on blacked out GB.

now that i think about it...i think when i switched to third eye, i also was upgrading from 2.4.3 to 2.5.7

D

dankarlinski

Did you do an upgrade install, or a clean wipe install when you upped your fission? Try to reflash a full upgrade file following all of the wiping of data and cache instructions. Im thinking something isn't liking this new version of fission. Its the only thing that makes any sense considering the thirdeye theme itself is just a bunch of images.

OP
Big Ry

Big Ry

Reaction score
Did you do an upgrade install, or a clean wipe install when you upped your fission? Try to reflash a full upgrade file following all of the wiping of data and cache instructions. Im thinking something isn't liking this new version of fission. Its the only thing that makes any sense considering the thirdeye theme itself is just a bunch of images.

I did do an upgrade. I found out last night though, that my video player would not work on anything. I tried DLing other ones...none worked. It made me so mad that I decided to just wipe and flash the whole ROM...start fresh. So instead of going to bed at 1AM like I was planning, I was up till 5AM, wiping flashing ROM & extras, and reorganizing everything the way I had it before.

Its still not much better. Within 30 min of being awake it was down to 90%, at 80% by an hour or so. I woke up at noon, its 6:30PM now and I'm at 50%. I didn't use it much at all today because I was running around a lot.

I'm thinking its just Fission 2.5.7 because nothing has changed since 2.4.3...same apps, same kernal and OC settings, same usage. This bites! :frown:

Aversion

Reaction score
So has this been decided that its an application doing this? 2.5 or the theme?

I am very interested in the theme but I dont want to install it if it kills the battery fast.