Third droid phone shuts off like past ones

cross1933

Reaction score
I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?
:mad:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I received my 2nd Droid Eris replacement phone last week. I followed the included instructions and activated my new phone. Saturday while traveling I watched as my phone shut off. On Sunday I attempted to make a call from my favorites list, I have three favorites on that page. The phone froze and several attempts failed to get any response from the phone. I finally gave up and set the phone down. My first phone was replaced due to phone locking up. The second phone was replaced due to the continued shutting off. The phones show these problems with all third party software installed or removed.Now I have both symptoms in one phone. I am starting to think there is something inherently wrong with these phones?

Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.

lindsay22

Reaction score
Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

lindsay22

Reaction score
Thanx pal like I said im new don't know about topics just yet

OP
C

cross1933

Reaction score

Nope. You just have bad luck. Either that or you're installing apps that aren't good for you Droid like an app killer or virus protection, but I kind of doubt even if you do that would be the issue. I see you have an Eris. If this happens on your next phone do a factory data reset and see if that doesn't fix you up.

Vast majority of us have no major issues like this, and none of the problems you mention are normal and acceptable by us.

No antivirus, never used one on these phones.

Same symptoms existed on past phone after factory reset on last phone. After the factory reset they sent me a knew phone.

OP
C

cross1933

Reaction score
Very new to this phone and crazy technology that comes with it for my behind the times ass... ur saying app killer is no good? Why is that and I should now uninstall?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I heard the app killer is bad to run, quit using that after my first phone.

mgwood80

Reaction score
I am on my second D2G and both were starting to freez while making a phone call and had no response and just reboted same thing happened to last droid, wats the problem the phone hardware? or software?

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Mgwood maybe its not the phone, but something you've been doing to it.

mgwood80

Reaction score
I dont know, I clear the cache and force stop programs that i didn neet and I didnt downlead third party apps, it did the same thing as the last one i had. Just did it today once for the first time.. anny suggestions anybody?

Heathenistic

Reaction score
Third Glitched Phone

My boyfriend is on his third Droid X in 4 months. His first phone froze completely and he couldn't turn it back on. Verizon sent him a new phone and immediately that phone kept shutting off and restarting. Every so often he would have to take the battery out just to turn it on. So Verizon sent him a new phone. Before even using it he changed the battery to a brand new one. And it STILL keeps turning off and turning back on. I've had it with Verizon they keep saying, "oh well it shouldn't do that but let me press a couple buttons and send you on your way and make you come all the way back out here when it does it again..." which it will. And does. They say an update for the software is coming out in the next few days that I'm hoping will fix whatever retarded bug is in this poor programming. And if it doesn't, I will be going back to Verizon to demand a brand new phone and not a refurbished piece of crap. He has no antivirus, no task killer, no apps downloaded, and no linked email accounts and has factory reset his phone 4 times and this is still happening. What the hell is wrong with this before I break it?