thinking on getting aextended battery

OP
RockHead_Droid

RockHead_Droid

Reaction score
I the extended battery from Verizon and it does fit the lapdock. This will be the first day with the new battery, looking forward to see how it is.

sent from DROID BIONIC using tapatalk BRO!!!!!!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I the extended battery from Verizon and it does fit the lapdock.

sent from DROID BIONIC using tapatalk BRO!!!!!!

The multi-media dock also is designed for the Motorola extended battery. I suspect that any Motorola accessory for the Bionic will work with the Motorola extended battery.

Last edited:

walkerstempe

Reaction score
The Verizon extended battery is sweet. Threw my 4000mAh in my drawer. Had 20+ hours on the extended, but I got the 50 buck lapdock which starts charging the battery. A lot slimmer profile than the 4000, so I'm very happy. Just using the Verizon maximum battery savings use. Data and wifi turned off when not in use.

rjp0615

Reaction score
Moto extended battery is sweet, I own two of them. 15+ hours on heavy usage.

Also, purchase a separate charger if you order multiple batteries. It's a lifesaver

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I'm absolutely amazed.
I haven't used my extended battery since December when I got rid of my first Bionic and it's still charged.

I just popped it into my phone fully expecting it to be dead and the phone booted up right away and the battery is reading 80%

BTW, this is the official Motorola extended battery.

B

bens42608

Yeah the extended battery is awesome. Good job moto. Managed to keep it stylish too. Doesn't make it ugly

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
While on older builds of GB, my stock battery would only last until around 2pm also. Since then, I've put in the Moto extended battery, tweaked my synchronization settings to something that's a bit more reasonable, and am on the latest version (902). The combination of those three things have put me back to getting over 24 hours of life on one charge consistently. I don't use WiFi at work, but will use it at home. That's also a huge battery saver by itself.

Unfortunately, the sychronization settings are scattered all over the place, so you have to go figure out what apps are syncing periodically, and go adjust their settings to maximize your battery life. Also, just simply loading an app may cause it to remain in memory and now start sync'ing periodically.

I use the extended battery with the lapdock, but don't have the car dock so I can't comment on its use.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
i think she was talking about the hyperion batteries they add more bulk and weight
see pic
31uKJbPe6uL._AA300_.jpg

amazon link

t
he other seems like a better deal though.

Yep, that's the one he has. I don't know his reasoning for getting that one over the OEM ones.

DoctorV

Reaction score
i think she was talking about the hyperion batteries they add more bulk and weight
see pic
31uKJbPe6uL._AA300_.jpg

amazon link

t
he other seems like a better deal though.

Wow that is comically big! LOL! The next step up would be lugging around a car battery with jumper cables hooked to it :biggrin:

josh1980

Reaction score
Ive seen from personal experience that non-OEM batteries generally suck and arent generally worth their price even if half of the OEM battery.

This has been true of cameras, laptops, and phones.