Thinking of switching

tomad9

Reaction score
I am currently using a Nokia Icon running Windows and the lack of apps and the fact that Verizon and Microsoft seem to have some battle going on is pushing me to switch OS. My question is has someone on the Turbo come from the Nokia Icon, my strong like of the Icon is the camera and the voice commands with text. How are these on the Turbo?
Thank you in advance.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I can't speak for the camera, but speech-to-text and text-to-speech are quite good on all android phones. "Google Now" (Like Cortana for Windows phone or Siri for iPhone) can start apps, write texts/emails, set reminders and timers, and lots of other things.

Here's a pretty great write-up of a vast majority of functions it can perform for you...

A List Of All The Google Now Voice Commands Android Forum at DroidForums.net

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I returned my Turbo primarily because of the camera. That said, I demand a lot out of my smartphone camera (more than most folks around here do). It's capable of taking some really good shots in good light, but it's often very slow to take shots regardless of lighting, and low light performance isn't as good as many other devices out there. Having used an Icon quite extensively for work-related mobile photography a few months ago, I can tell you that you'll be taking a step down with the camera on the Turbo.

But by all means, get other opinions from users here as well, and keep a check on this thread for sample pictures: Turbo Camera Thread (Pics)

OP
T

tomad9

Reaction score
I returned my Turbo primarily because of the camera. That said, I demand a lot out of my smartphone camera (more than most folks around here do). It's capable of taking some really good shots in good light, but it's often very slow to take shots regardless of lighting, and low light performance isn't as good as many other devices out there. Having used an Icon quite extensively for work-related mobile photography a few months ago, I can tell you that you'll be taking a step down with the camera on the Turbo.

But by all means, get other opinions from users here as well, and keep a check on this thread for sample pictures: Turbo Camera Thread (Pics)
I am big on the camera also, which is why I went with the Icon. Did you go back to icon or something else.
Thanks

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I am big on the camera also, which is why I went with the Icon. Did you go back to icon or something else.
Thanks

I was only using the Icon temporarily for some work-related stuff. It was never my full time device (either personally or for work).

I'm currently on the Note 4, and the camera is stunning. It's the first camera on an Android phone I've used that really gets pretty much everything right.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
In regards to voice commands, there is no better phone in the world then droid turbo.

As of camera, it has a lot to be desired. In my opinion, Sony camera on z3v is one of the best.

1dc058887b16b90ad02b845c81c08708.jpg

This is a night shot on Sony without flash, just straight auto.