Thinking of switching

altjx

Reaction score
The last Android based phone I had was the Motorola Droid and that was prior to working here where they bought me an iPhone 4 & taking care of the bill. Now that I'm leaving, I'm a bit undecided whether I should switch to the Droid X2 or stick with iP4 until the next release.

I'm just wanting to get some feedback from people who are using Android phones nowadays compared to back when the Motorola Droid itself was pretty hot. Are there still many apps crashing and freezing up? How satisfying is it compared to back then? Much improvement or?

I guess the main thing I didn't like was the quality of apps, but I'm unsure if that have improved or not and also it was a bit unstable compared to iOS.

Not trying to start an iOS vs Android thread, but wanting to get more feedback from Android users compared to back then and the highlights of it now.

Elkay

Reaction score
My advice: get a cheap used X1 off someone that upgraded and just activate and use that until the next wave of devices hit, so you can get the dual-core/Tegra/LTE/FFC/BJ phone that everyone actually wants. All of these phones releasing now are interim devices and I wouldn't recommend locking into one for the next 20 months. I bought my X2 outright so my contract isn't reset. End of this year I'll be good to go on one of the true next-gen phones.

Bottom line - X2 isn't worth it unless you run a lot of game emulators or just have to have that brand spanking new Tegra Zone game. For non-gaming use, I see little to no performance gain over the X1.

wyld

Reaction score
I had the Motorola Droid now I got the Droid x and true the Droid X2 is not that much of an upgrade for me and honestly its all up to you what you want your phone to do and there is always freezing up, reboots in everything technology isn't perfect!

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I had the Motorola Droid now I got the Droid x and true the Droid X2 is not that much of an upgrade for me and honestly its all up to you what you want your phone to do and there is always freezing up, reboots in everything technology isn't perfect!

Sent from my DroidX using DroidForums!

Lol, well when I had the Droid original, it was (in my opinion) about 85% stable overall. I really enjoyed the phone and it gets annoying with all these new phones coming out now. Not even sure what to do regarding it. I know for sure I won't be in and out of contracts again. Too much money involved.