Thinking of switching to a RAZR MAXX HD

Elvis087

Reaction score
I have a week with my Droid Dna and while I like it the battery life is not doing it for me, I'm thinking of going with the maxx hd but the only thing stopping me are some threads I read about being slow and a lot home screen refreshes due to the 1gb of ram it has.

Is this really an issue? Or just people with some software problems?

Should I just stay with the dna?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I'm not familiar with the DNA, but I don't feel the Maxx HD is slow at all. I bought it coming from a Maxx and found it to be even faster then that phone. I thought it was not bad either. I have personally not noticed any refresh issues that you speak of. Some are having issues, but as you said it could be due to either bad phones or software. I have read where others have had bad battery life, but that tends to be not doing the battery meter training. I am happy with mine and have been getting great battery life out of it.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have a week with my Droid Dna and while I like it the battery life is not doing it for me, I'm thinking of going with the maxx hd but the only thing stopping me are some threads I read about being slow and a lot home screen refreshes due to the 1gb of ram it has.

Should I just stay with the dna?
I came to the Maxx HD from the Maxx. The HD is faster and smoother in my opinion. I have never experienced lag, screen refresh or anything that would indicate that the 1GB of internal memory is not sufficient to "carry the load". Any device can be "tasked" to the extent that it will "lag" at some point. There is only so much processing power and only so much memory. I have intentionally tried to overwhelm the processor to see how it would react. To my delight it has never "lagged" to the point that it was troublesome. Developers sometimes release apps that are not "tuned" to take advantage of a particular operating system or a particular system version that has been updated since the last release of the app. This can cause "lag" on some devices...it's not the phone, it's outdated software.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
some threads I read about being slow and a lot home screen refreshes due to the 1gb of ram it has.

I've never seen this so-called lag that some complain about. I've got to believe it's a particular app that is causing it.

In another forum there was talk about the RMHD and its supposed lag. I asked for complainers to post videos of their lag on their phone. After about a month there were no takers, but plenty of excuses why they couldn't post videos. Then I was challenged to post a video of my phone, with specific instructions on going from home screen to apps drawer to home screen, etc. So here it is:

[video=youtube;qeezWEtqgsI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeezWEtqgsI[/video]

See any lag there? Nope.

I have had a few (less than 5, I'd say) instances where I would get a split second of delay when exiting Chrome and going to the home screen with Circles widget installed. Since I removed Circles widget I did not get that split second delay anymore. It's kind of a moot point though, because I've since gone to Nova launcher and don't/can't use Circles widget. In the YouTube video, that is stock launcher and Circles widget.

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your answers, has anyone gone from a droid dna to a razr maxx hd? Were there any regrets?

Thanks.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the DNA, but I don't feel the Maxx HD is slow at all. I bought it coming from a Maxx and found it to be even faster then that phone. I thought it was not bad either. I have personally not noticed any refresh issues that you speak of. Some are having issues, but as you said it could be due to either bad phones or software. I have read where others have had bad battery life, but that tends to be not doing the battery meter training. I am happy with mine and have been getting great battery life out of it.

+1 and then some lol

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
Well I returned my Droid DNA and should be getting the Razr Maxx HD in a couple of days(hopefully!).

Ill sacrifice the newest tech and a 1080p screen for a phone I can actually use all day and not have to worry about the battery every 4 hours. :)

Ill update everyone when I have it.

snowman

Reaction score
I think you will love the Hd also it has a 1080 screen

pctdavis

Reaction score
I choose Maxx HD over the DNA because battery life is more important to me than speed. That being said, I gave the slow refresh problem. However, if I do a kill apps function or a memory boost, it resumes back to normal speed (which is pretty crisp). This confirms to me it is an app. Not sure which one, but post refresh issue, this phone is great. Often 2 days without charge in 4g with average usage.

Edit: using dolphin browser over chrome has made a difference

Red meat is not bad for you. Green fuzzy meat is bad for you!

OP
E

Elvis087

Reaction score
My phone is set to arrive tomorrow? Anything I should know about the Razr Maxx HD?

What can I expect from the battery under heavy use?

Thank you.

PowrDroid

Reaction score
My phone is set to arrive tomorrow? Anything I should know about the Razr Maxx HD?

What can I expect from the battery under heavy use?

Thank you.

Make sure you charge it up all the way before you start heavy usage. There is a great thread on this forum about how to do this. I tried to find it for you but I'm not finding it. FoxKat was the author and is the battery expert here.

What can you expect from battery life? On NFL championship Sunday I started with a fully charged Maxx HD. I then played games, texted, watched YouTube, surfed internet, emailed etc. pretty much constantly from noon until I went to bed around 11:00 pm. I had 7 1/2 hours of screen time and I still had 24% left in battery power.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Expect a battery that should definitely get you thru the day and more.

snowman

Reaction score
you gonna love it Elvis get another 32 gig card there cheap about 23.00 on e-bay nice to have the room
espically for all those videos, that snap dragon processor is wild

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Elvis you'll need to work over time to kill it in a day, you'll love it.

"stroped" of my razr maxx, poo.