Thinking Of Rooting my Thunderbolt

manolo

Reaction score
So I have 2.11.605.9.....how to I go back to an old stock version of software??? Again I got root failed is this y ?

BRING ON ICS!!!!!!

You can find the old OTA on some websites.. Xdadev should have it.. Just search on google for the ota 2.11.605.5 and after you download it, put it on your sd card. Then you flash it and you'll be able to root and put any rom

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
downgrade to .5 then do revolutionary

sent from my bolt

Does anyone think they be a method to root with the version I currently have ?

BRING ON ICS!!!!!!

manolo

Reaction score

BRING ON ICS!!!!!!

I don't think there's any right now. Somebody else posted a thread about it in the Thunderbolt Hacks section explaining how unsuccessful was his attempt

recDNA

Reaction score

BRING ON ICS!!!!!!

Should you root? From some things you've said I would say no. I've been rooted for a while now. I ran bamf forever exclusively and it is an excellent, stable rom. Now I am on thundershed 1.3. I rooted not to improve my phone but for the challenge and amusement. Every time I try a new rom its like starting over on a new phone. I enjoy that but it's not for everyone...and you do risk bricking your phone. I hold my breath every time I flash a new rom.

If you want to spend hours fooling with your phone for the challenge and the fun and are willing to risk the money then go for it. If you just want the phone to work stick with stock. I like the "look" of my phone over stock but there isn't a single thing it does that a stock tbolt wont do. I haven't found huge difference in battery life in any rom I've used...and I've used quite a few.

Knowing all that if you want the fun and are willing to devote the time and the risk...

Check this out. I have no idea if it works.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=20498393

Natey2

Reaction score
If you want to spend hours fooling with your phone for the challenge and the fun and are willing to risk the money then go for it. If you just want the phone to work stick with stock.

Well said!
+1.

Post this on XDA, and I'll click on "Thanks", because this forum doesn't support that feature. :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well said!
+1.

Post this on XDA, and I'll click on "Thanks", because this forum doesn't support that feature. :)

It does support "like" on the browser. Tapatalk is working on the like system for their app.

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
It does support "like" on the browser. Tapatalk is working on the like system for their app.

Good to know. Thanks!

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Root that ****. Skyraider Zeus with ICS theme. Best there is right now.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
ok so I will be rooted tomorrow, a friend will be helping ! Gotta flash the phone to an older version of android! just curious once I get rooted, and download the rom manager, is it that easy to switch to different roms? for example if i go from bamf to liquid silk to ics for ex. is there any thing i need to be worried about when swtiching to custom roms?? any precautions i need to know once rooted? thanks all ...

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
ok so I will be rooted tomorrow, a friend will be helping ! Gotta flash the phone to an older version of android! just curious once I get rooted, and download the rom manager, is it that easy to switch to different roms? for example if i go from bamf to liquid silk to ics for ex. is there any thing i need to be worried about when swtiching to custom roms?? any precautions i need to know once rooted? thanks all ...

Ultimatley I am just trying not to F&&&K up my phone !!!!!!!!!!

pistol_pete

Reaction score
Really easy to switch roms. Once you download it and check the md5sum, just boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then format the system partition and flash the zip for the rom you want.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Really easy to switch roms. Once you download it and check the md5sum, just boot into recovery, wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache. Then format the system partition and flash the zip for the rom you want.

Umm u lost me wutss Md5sum

BRING ON ICS!!!!!!