Thinking of returning xoom...

soulshot96

Reaction score
OK I'm thinking of returning my xoom b/c I got it cause it was cheaper than a laptop and I heard I could do almost all the stuff a laptop can with the xoom, but after getting the best app I could find for PowerPoint/word I couldn't find all the settings that I need. I'm starting to think I should have gone with the laptop and I still have time to take it back to staples...any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Steeeler

Reaction score
These new tablets are fun to play with and are good at doing some things (reading a book, playing games, web, and email). I just dont think they are there yet as a full replacement for a laptop.

If you are finding some shortcomings in what you need the device to do, you should look at getting something that will handle all your tasks.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I love my xoom but right now I need something for school more than for fun. It sucks. But its true.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, sadly Android and iOS tablets are far behind full operating system OS's, even though they are marketed as such. They are more multimedia devices than they are tools for work and school.

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
Well looks like I'm going to have to get a hp pavilion entertainment PC with a i5 processer and then buy a office 2010 key for $99 ughhh.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
ok sorry to say but it isn't a total replacement for a laptop. as for me, it is do light procedures done then to transfer docs. it is in no way like a regular office files that's for sure. not all docs can be manipulated like Microsoft. im an excel, visio, access user and of course there isn't any app right now that feeds Xoom. again, sorry u were mislead but I myself read a lot about the cons, even got heat from smart alecs who thinks I don't anything.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya, no way does it fully replace my laptop. Its a new toy to play with for me.