Thinking of returning Droid

papatar

Reaction score
I got my droid 3 wks ago and at the time i thought it was much more phone than i would use/want and i think that may be the case. i wanted to try it out but 99% of the time all i do is make phone calls or text. i think it has some great apps and they are fun and some very useful but i just think there are more user friendly phone for someone who usually is just making calls. What do you think? will i regret not keeping it?

J-Buck

Reaction score
You may not use all the features... But if you ever want to they are still there for you! I'd stick with it unless u wanna drop the data plan. If so, thats understandable.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
papatar I will agree it is A LOT of phone if you just want to call and text. There are other phones out there that will meet those needs.

I personally think it's waste of money since you really don't need to take advantage of all that it offers.

Good luck papatar

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Impossible to say. If you think it's right for you then keep it. If you don't then return it. What makes us better equipped to second guess you?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you're not using all the features and don't find yourself needing to use them... def save your money and don't spend the 29.99 extra a month for a data plan that you won't take advantage of.

not to say you wouldn't grow to love the Droid but you seem very content with what you expect to use your phone for and there's nothing wrong with that... don't just throw away money :)

jay80z

Reaction score
Droid is not the phone for people who only make calls and text message.

Dr. Tenma

Reaction score
If you feel like you will ever tire of your normal routine and like some extra features, the Droid is great. However, if you really aren't after the ultimate phone for customization/gaming/emulation/modding then it's not worth it. It's the phone with the most advanced features in America there is, but... if you just want a phone, it's just a confusing mess of useless icons to get to what you want. Although it pains me to say it you're best off to return it unless you feel deep inside you might want to delve deeper in the future. If you're just saying you don't need the extras because it is complicated, then be assured over a short amount of time it will all seem simple. But if you haven't ever gotten to this point because you really just don't care, then I say go back and get an enV or something.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it were only based on what I need, then my old Moto e815 would be the best for me. The Droid, however, has potential and I'll use more of it when I learn more about it.

boatman2220

Reaction score
The Droid has way more capabilities than a lot of people need, that being said. The BlackBerry I came from worked great for texting, phone calls, messages, and general web browsing. But I got tired of waiting on it and pulling the battery when it was over tasked with something. This robot phone will be all I need after a few glitches get worked out. (until the newer version comes out ) It's more than a lot of people need, but is capable of handling most anything, without straining either. :byeBB: