Thinking of going bareback

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Thinking of removing my screen protector. I have my RAZR in a genuine Motorola body glove, which I really like.

I would like to enjoy the awesome screen without the condom. Am I risking my baby by removing the protector? I am very careful with it and never stick it in my pocket with keys or other hard items.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thinking of removing my screen protector. I have my RAZR in a genuine Motorola body glove, which I really like.

I would like to enjoy the awesome screen without the condom. Am I risking my baby by removing the protector? I am very careful with it and never stick it in my pocket with keys or other hard items.

Haha. I am chuckling. Your last sentence, along with another colorful term is funny.....
Back to the substance of your question.... I suppose it's one of those risks you have to decide whether it's worth it or not.
I broke one screen, but choose to leave mine bare...

Mike
Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
No screen protector on my phone from day one, no issues on my screen and it's taken several tumbles and cartwheels down driveways with just the Verizon hash mark case on it, not to mention the number of attics and crawl spaces it has gone in.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

xtor

Reaction score
At least he didn't say he was going commando, lol

razr on 215 leak

geekabilly

Reaction score
Never used a screen protector or case on my OG Droid, Bionic, OG Razr or Galaxy Nexus -- screens still look great on all of them, and I always have one with me, in the pocket if I am not holding it -- let those screens shine free!

Graymayre

Reaction score
The way i see it, if it can screw up this tough of a screen that motorola puts on our devices, a screen protector wouldnt stop it. You screen can still break with one, but i will say it is hard as hell to scratch it. I think screen protectors on motorolas are a scam.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

BEF0856

Reaction score
I haven't used a screen protector or case on my Razr Maxx since I got it and have had absolutely no problems. Up to you but I'd go for it!

OP
R

RAZRmax

Reaction score
Ok so my phone is naked now. Wow huge improvement in screen depth and clarity, as well as using Swype to type.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I hate screen protectors and have never used one on any phone.
I've even broke 3 screens but none in a way that any silly screen protector would have saved it.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a screen protector, and am glad I did. I would have had some serious scratches on my screen if not for them.

TaubBaer

Reaction score
Since day 1, I don't have condom on my Razr, almost two years later, still perfect screen after stuffed it in my pocket with keys, etc.... Also, I dropped it about ten feet off the ladder unhooked the christmas lights off the roof. Oh yea, the body show lot of dents, scratches, etc... but screen is still "new".

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yeah, the Motorola glass is practically indestructible. I threw my OG droid out of my car window at 70mph and the body got torn up, but the screen remained pristine even with the metal around it bashed into it

Raged Bionic

BaSHa

Reaction score
I haven't used a screen protector or case on my Razr Maxx since I got it and have had absolutely no problems. Up to you but I'd go for it!

^This!

After about 15 months of abuse my screen is still scratch free. The aluminum body has some scratches on it, but that was from it being skipped across the pavement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
My RAZR MAXX has been case free since I got it last year. I dropped it a couple times and only cracked it when I got unlucky and it fell onto an unusually pointy pebble.

maomao

Reaction score
i'm bareback and i love it. Swype definitely works better; when it works, ahem. i also have a black wallpaper that i keep going back to. Last time i removed a brighter background, my eyes got big at the clarity and brightness of the icons.

But boys, make up smears are SO annoying.

And does anyone use privacy / anti-glare screens? I'm a healthcare provider and i have my Droid encrypted but am concerned about unwanted reading companions.
When it's sunny i can't read a thing on the screen. Reading-sunglasses only help so much.

"Security is always excessive until it's not enough." — Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, Country Energy, NSW Australia

Last edited: