Thinking of getting a D2

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flashing Roms is easy as pie. The instructions in Rom threads is simply to be clear and thorough. If you watch some of the youtube vids you'll see how easy it is. No rush, but have no fear of flashing if you decide you want to. You'll likely at least want to root, not only because of the bloatware that everyone has mentioned but also because there are root apps that will stop VZ from giving you that annoying update pop-up every hour if you're not on the latest version.

OP
Enemyofthestate
Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
Flashing Roms is easy as pie. The instructions in Rom threads is simply to be clear and thorough. If you watch some of the youtube vids you'll see how easy it is. No rush, but have no fear of flashing if you decide you want to. You'll likely at least want to root, not only because of the bloatware that everyone has mentioned but also because there are root apps that will stop VZ from giving you that annoying update pop-up every hour if you're not on the latest version.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Jeffyo

Reaction score
blitzburgh39 said:
Reliable? Is that a joke? Every D2 I have seen is extremely buggy. My ex had one and the touch screen would go crazy and start clicking random things. That was with her first one and her replacement. IMO the D2 is garbage.

I agree with it being buggy. Mine never got replaced but my fiancée's did twice. I think Motorola didn't do enough optimization of the builds. Just enough for them to work...but not flawlessly. Probably the same will go for any phone.

It's usable but has these quirks. I would much rather have a different manufacturer. There's so many other choices like the D4 if you want something similar and same manufacturer.

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I have a brand new R2D2 Droid2 for sale. Still in the box, never opened. It has all the goodies with it, ear buds, R2D2 dock, etc. I bought it off of Ebay for $205, would resell for the same price plus shipping. If your interested, or have questions about it let me know. Its a very cool phone.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I have a brand new R2D2 Droid2 for sale. Still in the box, never opened. It has all the goodies with it, ear buds, R2D2 dock, etc. I bought it off of Ebay for $205, would resell for the same price plus shipping. If your interested, or have questions about it let me know. Its a very cool phone.

I know you're trying to be helpful, but you can't offer anything for sale in this forum per the Guidelines of Conduct;
13. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Offering Items or Services to Trade, are not allowed. Anyone trying to use DroidForums.net to advertise any item for sale will be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts will be deleted. DroidForums is not Ebay or Craigslist.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I apologize! I was only trying to help some one out. Won't happen again.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Dude chill out. Just because you saw a few bad d2's doesn't mean its going to happen to everyone.

No joke.
I have had a D2 for about a year and a half now, and I love it.
I have the opportunity to get a new phone at a discount, but I am waiting because I like the D2 so much.

scooterdog

Reaction score
I love my D2, but I rooted it back in the day to get rid of all the bloatware and now am running it rommed. It's stable as can be. The stability of any stock D2 depends on how well it plays with all the extra crap Verizon puts on it. Mine used to freeze and reset multiple times a day and battery life was just okay. It would also act squirrely with the charger plugged in.

I'll be a new D2 user (arriving in a few days) and would like to get from you a recommended rom to use, in particular the stable one that you use? (I'm not too particular about the differences between roms, I just want something that will be stable and usable.)

Thanks in advance!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 & Galnet MIUI 2.2.10 are the most stable and battery efficient. CM7 also has all the working specialty features like Alt Lock and proper Auto Brightness.

I'm currently on CM9 Nov9 build and I really like it. No stability issues, but because some Google services run more heavily the battery life isn't quite as good as the first two Roms I mentioned. Even with heavy use on my extended battery CM7 & Galnet leave me at no worse than about 50% battery at the end of the day, and over 70% on normal days. I'm usually down to around 30% on CM9.

If you have a spare battery MIUI V4 is fun, but both it and CM9 lack fully functional cameras and camcorders. I'd recommend starting with CM7 to see what you think.