thinking of changing from Droid 2 Global to incredible 2

OP
C

coppermouse

Reaction score
Not that I don't like it, I would like a bigger screen though, and was curious how they compare.

I wasn't able to use a SIM card from Poland for data even though I had the unlock code, I never did figure that one out

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well in terms of stats, the inc2 beats the d2g. Does the Inc2 fit your needs?

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of getting the Inc2 to replace my Droid, so I'm interested in this discussion. I'm nearly out of memory and I don't have that many apps loaded. The Nexus is interesting, but I'm thinking that I'll wait until the LTE phones cost less and have more energy efficient radios. The Inc2 is free at BB. We will likely get LTE where I live the first half of next year, but we have another upgrade coming in April. It would also depend if my wife would like to Inc2 to replace her Ally when we upgrade to a LTE phone. She might not want to give up the physical keyboard, as the Ally has a good one. She likes the Stratosphere keyboard the best. She has no interest in a LTE phone, as she doesn't do anything that uses a lot of data, normally using less than 100MB a month. I wonder if the Inc2 will get an upgrade to the newest sense at some time.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
The Dinc2 is a great phone. The size is perfect, it doesn't feel like a monolith in my hand. It's fast with a ton of memory. I've had mine since April and noticed no slow down at all. I'm a heavy user all day long and the battery will last all day (5 AM until midnight for me). Root is easy, and there are some really good developers out there with some really nice roms if you are interested in that. One thing you won't see much of regarding this phone is complaints. I would definitely recommend this phone, especially for free!

This post is Incredible 2!

joggy

Reaction score
Any thoughts

I went from D2G to a DInc2 and in my opinion the DInc2 is a much better device. No lag when compared with stock OS between the two (D2G always seemed sluggish to me), battery life is a world of difference better on the DInc2 compared with the D2G and I just like the phone better. I've also had the iPhone 4 on VZ and feel that the DInc2 is probably VZ's best 3G device right now. I do wish that it had more internal storage, however I can live with what it has when factoring the SD card option(s) in.

I wonder if the Inc2 will get an upgrade to the newest sense at some time.

Seems that may be closer to a reality than we think: Sense 3.0 updates rolling out for HTC Desire HD, Incredible S | Android Central

Let's hope VZ does the right thing when HTC inevitably releases it for the DInc2.

Hth...

BobB

Reaction score
I haven't used the D2G so I can't compare it to the Dinc2. I went from a Droid1 to the Dinc2, and I really love the Dinc2. I like its size (fits my hand, fits my shirt pocket), I like its stability, I like that it is a world phone (a must for me), I like its great battery life (for a smartphone), and you can get it now for a song (or free). The only slight weakness I see is that its volume level could be a bit louder, although for me its not a major deal. As for having no physical keyboard, I found the keyboard on the D1 very difficult to use, and I ended up using Swype on the D1, so I continue to use it on the Dinc2. There are many flavors of very creative virtual keyboards, so you can probably find one that you will like. But of course, if this is a good phone for you depends on how you use the phone. Since I don't download movies and only spend about 30 minutes a day on the internet, the 3G speed is okay for me. For me, great battery life is a much higher priority that 4G, but that may not be true for you. I think the Dinc2 in this current rage for large screen, questionable battery life, non-world phone choices is an overlooked gem.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I went from D2G to a DInc2 and in my opinion the DInc2 is a much better device. No lag when compared with stock OS between the two (D2G always seemed sluggish to me), battery life is a world of difference better on the DInc2 compared with the D2G and I just like the phone better. I've also had the iPhone 4 on VZ and feel that the DInc2 is probably VZ's best 3G device right now. I do wish that it had more internal storage, however I can live with what it has when factoring the SD card option(s) in.

Seems that may be closer to a reality than we think: Sense 3.0 updates rolling out for HTC Desire HD, Incredible S | Android Central

Let's hope VZ does the right thing when HTC inevitably releases it for the DInc2.

Hth...
the incredible two and incredible s are two different phones? this is the first time ive heard of the incredible s. i have an og droid and am thinking about switching to the incredible line

joggy

Reaction score
the incredible two and incredible s are two different phones?

Somewhat, yes. Same phone, different name.

The Incredible S was released outside the U.S.. The Incredible 2 is the same phone released on Verizon in the U.S..