Thinking of a DROID X

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Right now, I have the Samsung Omnia. I thought I'd love it, but I absolutely HATE IT. The screen is too small for me, and the stylus has to be tied on. There's no slot for it. That's just one of the problems I have with it. I also have big, clumsy hands. Not a very good combination, either.

For VZNAVIGATOR, I cannot hear the navigation while driving, very well.

Overall, the buttons are too small for me to touch.

The Windows Start button and its links are too small for my taste, for a phone, although I use a Windows 7 computer and love it.

One of the reasons I got the Omnia in the first place was to have the ability to create, edit and store MS Word documents on it. I want that option in my new phone.

Anyway, any phone recommendations? I was thinking of the DROID X. It has a HUGE screen in comparison to the rest which I love.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The x sounds like it should fill all of your requirements and its a really solid phone. Feel free to ask questions and enjoy your stay.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
The x sounds like it should fill all of your requirements and its a really solid phone. Feel free to ask questions and enjoy your stay.

Tell me about your DROID 2. How easy is it to type from? Unlike the DROID X, I understand it has a fold out keyboard. I'm wondering how good it'll be for my fingers.

I do like the 8 MP phone with the DROID X, though.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I will tell you that my fat fingers fly across the keyboard on my d2 but I do a LOT of typing what with texting and droid forums so I get lots of practice. As for the camera people complain about both cameras especially in low light. Here's a pic I took with my cam yesterday though

aefe5752-c810-e7ab.jpg

Really I think the biggest thing to consider between the d2 and dx is screen real estate versus physical keyboard. Really though you can't go wrong with either.

maderschramm

Reaction score
X is a great phone. Swype is awesome for typing with a little practice. Camera's great, don't forget it takes 720p video and has an hdmi out port

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
X is a great phone. Swype is awesome for typing with a little practice. Camera's great, don't forget it takes 720p video and has an hdmi out port

Forgot about that. Hdmi out is purty nice as well as hd recording.