thinking about switching to chevy.

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by FormerIphonePreuser, Jun 17, 2010.

1. FormerIphonePreuser

FormerIphonePreuser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So does it have the option to leave the led notification light on while the screen is on and does it have the modified mms.apk? And another thing how would I be able to switch to this rom? Through update.zip or through rom manager?

2. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Truthfully, I just switched back to SS so not sure about the LED's and Mms.apk, but you can download successfully through Rom manager.

3. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed the SS 4.1 this morning, so I don't have all your answers, but I can say I switched from BBV0.2 (was eating battery like CRAZY) and I certainly really like Simply Stunning 4.1...

go to the post for it and he's got everything you need to do to make the switch...including backup plan in case you're not positive...

if you're on a 2.1 rom still, you'll want to wipe first...if you're using SPRecovery, you'll want to rename the file to update.zip and place on SD card...allow update.zip...install update.zip (deprecated)

Hope this helps...

4. FormerIphonePreuser

FormerIphonePreuser Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey I'm actually BB V 0.2 and want to change.How did you make the transition? On Rom manager or through clockwork? I dont have sprecovery, i would gladly appreciate if you help me through this.

5. mjh68

mjh68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Easiest way is to go through Rom Manager , just make sure you select wipe data when done downloading and ready to install.

6. NattyBee

NattyBee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, i think Chev says in the SS 4.1 that coming from most other frf57 builds you don't have to wipe...I just downloaded the file, renames to update.zip and used sprecovery...I don't like rom manager or clockwork, but that's personal preference...anyway, I did not wipe, and I have had no issues.

Just look at the section of SS 4.1 OP called "to wipe or not to wipe".