1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Thinking about rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by circsmonky, May 20, 2010.

1. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

I am thinking about rooting, basically what i am asking is for help to make it easy. i would like to overclock and i want to make my desktop dark. i have seen lots of screen shots where the notification bar is black, i want that. also if it matters i am on a mac so rooting that works from a mac is best. i want to make sure i do it right so any help is appreciated. theres so many different ROMs and links i dont know which to choose. also i want to be able to customize easily.
  2. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Read the many stickies in this section, and the hacking section. They tell you everything you need to know.
  3. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

i have read around and cant find anything that tells me how i can root on a mac. is it possible? or do i have to wait for my roommate to get his windows laptop fixed?
  4. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

you dont need a pc to root unless you have android 2.1 installed on your droid, then you'll need to use RSD Lite to flash the 2.0.1 SBF to the droid. I believe it may be possible to run RSD Lite (or something equivalent) on a mac but im not sure.