Thinking about returning my D4

Jaredb

Reaction score
I've been thinking about returning my Droid 4 to vzw & get a RAZR. I bought this phone last Friday at a vzw store & I find myself using the touch screen keyboard more than the qwerty. I came from the og DROID & absolutely loved the qwerty on it. Anyways my question is this..what would they say if I just walked in and told them I wanted to swap it for a RAZR..?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Arodnum1

Reaction score
I believe you have 14 days to return it... But you will have to pay a restocking fee of 35$, so make damn sure its what you want to do, maybe adamantly try to use the qwerty for a day and see how that goes, if not the razr is a great phone that I'm sure will work great for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droidbound

Reaction score
Shouldn't be a problem. Within 30 days you can return it for any reason. Go for the MAXX. The achilles heel of any smartphone is battery life. Although - with what will be "normal" use for me, that is without constantly playing with the new toy, I've just gone 22 hours and still have 50% charge.. :)

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
If I didn't NEED the physical keyboard, I would have went with the Maxx, so that's my recommendation.

mackt

Reaction score
Yea you got 14 days and there is a restocking fee. I had the Droid 1 & 2, got the Razr (cause the Maxx is $300 and $200 is too much for me to justify as it is). The Razr had a terrible battery, it was too thin for me to hold, and it was to big to hold or use comfortably. I love the size, weight, sturdiness, and battery of the 4. The keyboard is a nice plus i use it once a week or so and it is great when i do

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
If you're not using the physical keyboard, the Droid 4 is not for you. How anyone could choose the on-screen "keyboard" over a physical is beyond me though ;)

executedcupid

Reaction score
If you're not using the physical keyboard, the Droid 4 is not for you. How anyone could choose the on-screen "keyboard" over a physical is beyond me though ;)

I kinda feel the opposite, I'm not sure how anybody would want an added piece of hardware to a phone. Less is more

Sent from my AXI0M IONIC using DroidForums

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I kinda feel the opposite, I'm not sure how anybody would want an added piece of hardware to a phone. Less is more

There are two kinds of people in the world...

The question is simple: If you look at your hands or at the keyboard when you type, you do not NEED a physical QWERTY -- *and* it will be completely outside your experience and comprehension why anyone else would NEED one either.

On the other (or maybe both) hand, if you like to focus on the screen when you type and let your fingers find the right keys, then you simply can't survive without that touch sensation of discrete keys and the tactile feedback when they depress.

... and neither has the faintest idea what the other is talking about. ;)

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

executedcupid

Reaction score
There are two kinds of people in the world...

The question is simple: If you look at your hands or at the keyboard when you type, you do not NEED a physical QWERTY -- *and* it will be completely outside your experience and comprehension why anyone else would NEED one either.

On the other (or maybe both) hand, if you like to focus on the screen when you type and let your fingers find the right keys, then you simply can't survive without that touch sensation of discrete keys and the tactile feedback when they depress.

... and neither has the faintest idea what the other is talking about. ;)

( By DX w/DF app. )

I was under the impression that I had an opinion just like the other person had thiers. I was crazy out of line, thanks for the genius wise words you speak

Reaction score

so if you dont like physical keyboards... and you dont like the droid4... what are you doing in this forum?

TC_Mits

Reaction score
I was under the impression that I had an opinion just like the other person had thiers. I was crazy out of line, thanks for the genius wise words you speak

Sarcasm noted. But if you read my post again that's just what I wrote:
"I had an opinion just like the other person had thiers." We agree on that.

( By DX w/DF app. )