Thinking about razr maxx as new phone

nfsse69

Reaction score
I have a droid pro and am thinking about switching to a razr or razr maxx as my next phone. I have 2 concerns about it.

First, a coworker of mine got one and broke 3 digitizers on 3 phones just because of the phone flexing. Anyone heard of that/does the maxx do the same thing? Im pretty sure an otterbox will fix thatthat

Second, how hard is it to root it? I have to disable the camera for work and the only way that I know of to do that other then destruction of the cameras is to root it and remove the camera app.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd second the recommendation of the Otterbox case if you don't mind a bit of extra weight on the Maxx. I have the Otterbox Commuter and I could use it as a hockey puck without (much) worry.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Maxx is not as thin as the OG Razr so I bet that flex issue wont be a concern. It's pretty easy to root the phone and then I'd suggest either freezing the camera apk with TiBu or changing the file name with root explorer.

huskur

Reaction score
Razr Maxx is highly recommended. Pay the extra money and get it. The battery is well worth it. Standard razr is 6 to 10 hours where my maxx is currently on hour 26 with 40% battery left

cece5702

Reaction score
Yes, I second that. The Maxx an awesome phone. If you can even call it a phone. I barely make phone calls on mine. Its more like a hand held computer. But I love it so! dancedroiddancedroid
Razr Maxx is highly recommended. Pay the extra money and get it. The battery is well worth it. Standard razr is 6 to 10 hours where my maxx is currently on hour 26 with 40% battery left

Meltman

Reaction score
I say yes get the maxx I'm loving mine and battery life is AWSOME! I'm currently at 1 day 10 hrs 7 mins on a charge can't complain about that at all.

steeveegee

Reaction score
its the best phone out right now by far
i just upgraded from a droid x and originally got the rezound because i got a really sweet deal on it with that leap year day sale
99 dollars and 50 off with the upgrade
on the 3rd day with the rezound it went into a boot loop i immediately gathered up all the packaging and brought it back
payed the extra money + 35 restock and lost out on the sale of course and got the maxx
but it was well worth it
this phone is awesome

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Whatcha waitin' fer. Gett maxx and don't look back. Excellent phone and battery combo

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with everyone. No need to think. Just buy it. Best phone out so far. Excellent battery life. dancedroid

coolbreeze704

Reaction score
Do not get the MAxx

I got one and it has made my life miserable. I love to complain about the things in my life, and this d@mn phone has taken that pleasure away from me. It works great. It looks great. It last over 48 hours on a charge. It's signal is amazing. It freakin does everything a great phone should and I can not find a thing to complain about.
Should never have given up my last phone. Now that one kept me busy with things to complain about. Dang MAxx!:frown:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I got one and it has made my life miserable. I love to complain about the things in my life, and this d@mn phone has taken that pleasure away from me. It works great. It looks great. It last over 48 hours on a charge. It's signal is amazing. It freakin does everything a great phone should and I can not find a thing to complain about.
Should never have given up my last phone. Now that one kept me busy with things to complain about. Dang MAxx!:frown:

LMAO.... Great analysis. :D

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Just FYI if anyone wants to buy the maxx out of contract, Negri electronics has it for 578 way cheaper than verizon 649