Thinking about picking up 1..

Nealius

Reaction score
For my daughter. She has been really good with your OG Droid. I would love some hands on feedback..

crholt

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday. Returned my Droid Charge for the Stratosphere. The Charge was just too large in size for me, and I really like the slide keyboard. It's very light in weight and fits in my pocket perfect. Don't have it entirely set up yet; but am really LOVING the 4G speeds.

nbucko

Reaction score
Got one for my wife yesterday. So far I like it and she's thrilled since its her first smartphone. Its quick and I don't mind the touchwiz at all.

uploadfromtaptalk1318852958582.jpg

4g isn't officially live in kc yet but I had it for a bit while sitting traffic. All I can say is damn that was fast. Can't wait to use my upgrade on a new phone and finally retire my OG. And for 4g to go live.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

greygifford

Reaction score
Went to get a Strat from Radio Shack today ($99). After standing around and listening to the clerk talk to Verizon for an hour they determined that they could not get it activated. The Verizon rep said they are having problems with the Strat and the LTE sim cards not "matching up". Bummer... Clerk said he would give me a call after he talked to the store Verizon rep and could get one ready for me. I really liked the look & feel of the phone, but this is beyond stupid..

nbucko

Reaction score
Went to get a Strat from Radio Shack today ($99). After standing around and listening to the clerk talk to Verizon for an hour they determined that they could not get it activated. The Verizon rep said they are having problems with the Strat and the LTE sim cards not "matching up". Bummer... Clerk said he would give me a call after he talked to the store Verizon rep and could get one ready for me. I really liked the look & feel of the phone, but this is beyond stupid..

I too went to the shack to get one for my wife. I had read on other forums about it taking forever to get this phone setup. The problem in most cases, as well as mine (took over an hour), was that it uses a different size card than normal. Once he got the right one I was done in 10 minutes.

quizzard

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting one for my wife, but it seems like there's not that much support for it?

We have been waiting for a 4gLTE phone with a keyboard for a while. Honestly I would have loved it if my Bionic came with a physical keyboard.

nbucko

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about getting one for my wife, but it seems like there's not that much support for it?

I think that's because its still fairly new and its a mid level phone. Give it a month or so and you'll see more support. Right now we're keeping our eye on a random internet connection issue. I'll keep you posted.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

akhi216

Reaction score
For my daughter. She has been really good with your OG Droid. I would love some hands on feedback..

You can't go wrong upgrading from an OG Droid to a Stratosphere. She won't miss the OG one bit.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

cvhovey

Reaction score
I'm considering one, as well. Upgrade coming up in November. Probably a toss-up between the Nexus, Bionic or Stratosphere ... with a slide-out keyboard being something I miss.

tomatofoot

Reaction score
My wife just got the strat. I've had my D2G for a while now and like how hers also has a slide out keyboard. So far no issues with it, but I think I'll wait for the droid 4 foe my upgrade.

All in all this is a pretty solid phone.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

octoberdana

Reaction score
I am also considering this phone. I have no need for a physical keyboard but I like the 4 inch amoled screen. It is thicker than I like and I am not a huge touch wiz fan but for $99 it seems like it might be a decent phone.

It reminds me of my Samsung Rogue which I hated.

How is battery life?

tjrssibelle

Reaction score
Best buy have it now for free since black friday which is when i got mine. Battery life could be better but it is a 4g phone so it's not gonna be the best, still i can go over 10 hours with moderate use and some light tweaking. there is an extended battery available but the phone will be much thicker if used.