Thinking about moving to the dark side away from droid3

celtic11

Reaction score
Maybe I just got lucky or maybe my expectations are low. But my DROID 3 has given me almost no problems at all. I haven't had a single random reboot, the phone is insanely fast on wifi and fast enough on 3g, and my battery lasts a full day under medium/heavy usage which is fine for me. I never understood why people think their battery needs to last 2 days. My only problem has been that the whole moving apps to media area thing doesn't work real well but the phone has more than enough onboard storage so that's not a big deal either.

Its a brand new phone so there is going to be problems.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jimikeys

Reaction score
if i ever leave android it'll be for wp7...i'm pretty sure if u write m'soft they will even send u a free phone...verizon really has no interesting wp7 options. i have an ipad and ios bores me as an os...it has useful apps and honestly i feel ios is better as a tablet os than a phone os...android can be either, the next tablet i get will be a 7" form factor android either 2.3 or 3.1 since i like android's apps better for having fun... also i dont like the control apple has over the device...once i buy something it is mine just update it regularly and i dont care...i'd choose wp7 tho b/c i have an xbox and i'd like the integration...i'll give wp7 a look again when i get another upgrade and see if they have more apps i can use. but as of now android and droid 3 is probably the best mobile experience i've ever had. even my ipad has had more hiccups than my phone.

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I have a gf with an iphone. People try to act like that thing doesn't have problems. It does. Try updating the OS. That simple procedure erased all her contacts, even though I had backed them up to itunes. Gone. No way to get them back. How many times have you seen on facebook girls asking for everyone's number because their iphone erased them all? A zillioin? Plus that thing is a hacker magnet. Ask the new Anonymous group going after female celebs how their phone is holding up. iphone is weak. Poor programming, not customizable, easily broken, bugs that are disasters. I can't imagine running my business with an iphone in my hand and the shaky realization that at any given moment the thing might go berzerk and erase all my contacts. But hey, if that's the path you want to go, keep a pen and paper handy to write down everyone's numbers...

davishusband

Reaction score
Great points, our contacts are backed up by google if you have gmail and verizon actually has a free contact backup program now too. Remember folks we have came a long way in a short amount of time with these smart gadgets. We get aggravated because they don't roll out updates fast enough and then complain that they didn't spend more time making everything perfect. Google navigation is smart they still call themselves beta, :), I think everything in life is beta, What is perfect?

spruleme

Reaction score
anyone see some of the iphone 5 vids? they totally ripped off the android notification menu and added options like a stock ticker, weather, alarm clock all from this drop down menu. Apple is running out of ideas for it's ios platform if you ask me. And they are finally going to get with it, with icloud syncing services.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
The more and more I read these posts the more I want to stay with android. I. Guess this is what I needed to keep my self sane, once the update comes in, hopefully most if all the bugs are fixed. I mean I use to bash apple fanboys about how much better android was then I turned into this? I think I'm becoming sane again.

Reaction score
I can understand want another phone due to issues we all want a phone. Without issues but these are mass produced to its never gonna happen. That's why there are forums we are here to help you fix your issues. There is a leaked update that you can do if your brave. It seems to fix a few thing. If your still having reboot issues try a factory reset that worked for me I've had 0 sense then, battery is better too and it might help any lag as we'll. We are all in the same boat.

OP
JohnnyS101

JohnnyS101

Reaction score
Its like today, I wanted to take pics with some friends, it took the pic but never saved to the gallery so its like if I haven't took the pic I had to reboot, or when I wanted to take a pic earlier, I pulled out my phone and it was rebooting, missed a touchdown play like really upsets me

Dmw017

Reaction score
Never thought this day would come, I'm an android fanboy all the way, but recently I have second guessed myself. I'm just tired of the bugs on my droid3. Random reboots, bad battery, pentile screen, weird transistion. Like android phones have never cut it for me, always have had problems with them. The eris, og droid and now droid 3 have all failed me. No doubt I love this phone, with its sweet keyboard, but that's it, works so slow can't tell its a dual core. Small ram, I'm just tired of it. Seriously thinking about moving to apple, and these things will affect my decision. New iphone specs and the droid3 update date. If the update comes soon, and fixes everything I will stay for sure, if not then if the new iphone has beast specs I will get that. I just nnever ever saw myself in this position, I love android and my droid 3 but seriously, can't even video chat without a hacked skype app and the phones almost been out for 2 months. Well what do you guys think? Anything to persuade me or may you wish a farewell?

I laughed when i read "if the new iphone has beast specs". iphone 5's hardware will be outdated upon launch or be eclipsed by the awesomeness of the tides of "Super-Droid" phones coming a month after it. If there is any phone I could recommend you getting, its something from the Nexus line (like the nexus prime.. .god of all phones.. for a few months). The Bionic is getting a bit too hyped up atm, i think it fails in comparison to the other phones coming in the very near future.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I laughed when i read "if the new iphone has beast specs". iphone 5's hardware will be outdated upon launch or be eclipsed by the awesomeness of the tides of "Super-Droid" phones coming a month after it. If there is any phone I could recommend you getting, its something from the Nexus line (like the nexus prime.. .god of all phones.. for a few months). The Bionic is getting a bit too hyped up atm, i think it fails in comparison to the other phones coming in the very near future.
I agree with this completely. While the Bionic has some good specs.. it's still just.. meh, to me. It's all hype really to me because it's meant to be marketed that way. Wait till October-December for the Droid(Nexus) Prime or Vigor.

Dmw017

Reaction score
Nexus-III-03.jpg
Nexus-III-02.jpg

If the Nexus Prime looks like this ... I would kill all in my path to get one >.>

Attachments

• Nexus-III-02.jpg
    Nexus-III-02.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Nexus-III-03.jpg
    Nexus-III-03.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 186

patfactorx

Reaction score
I was having crazy issues with my Droid 3 until I rooted and froze all the bloat. This is now the smoothest phone I have ever owned. Plus I LOVE the keyboard and battery sparing screen.

leobg

Reaction score
Nexus-III-03.jpg
Nexus-III-02.jpg

If the Nexus Prime looks like this ... I would kill all in my path to get one >.>

You like this?! Well, it's your own taste. But I'm pretty sure it will not even closely reassemble the thing on that picture.

Sent from my XT860 using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nexus-III-03.jpg
Nexus-III-02.jpg

I have to admit, that looks really quality.

One thing the iphone definitely beats most Android phones in is the hardware quality. I have an ipod touch that I put through hell and it never gave me any issues. I pre ordered it when it first came out and while the software leaves much to be desired, its rock solid in hardware quality. My DROIDX feels like its falling apart after 10 months (I'm on my 2nd one).

Also, I am glad to see other people who aren't going fanboy over the Bionic. Looks like an ok phone, but its not the phone to end all phones like its being marketed or everybody says.

random rom'd X