1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Thinking about going pc free

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by earled, Jun 2, 2012.

1. earled

earled New Member

Have tablets gotten to the point where a pc is not really needed. Not talking about media servers, but just your basic home pc.
    Can you use your tablet to access nas storage? download large files save to external drives? Would be nice to have a transformer sitting
    on the coffee table replace the pc
  2. Taunton

Taunton New Member

I don't think so. I mean, I can't imagine working with a tablet instead of a PC in the office. Can you?
    But that day is getting closer, that's for sure!
  3. FlamingFists

FlamingFists New Member

hmm.. me too. i don't think i can really use it like a pc. i still think pc is still the best when it comes to downloads and softwares.
  4. danDroid

danDroid Administrator Staff Member

I agree, I don't think we are there yet but with products like the ASUS Transformer, we are certainly getting closer!