Thinking about going back to rooted MotoBlur .602

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Been off the charger 12 hrs now and I was on/off the subway all day long and i'm at 50% with the extended battery. More than satisfactory for me. It's also REALLY nice to be able to use the camcorder again without the phone spazzing out.

Fightnfire

Reaction score
Funny because I am doing the same thing tonight. Just tired of the hassle with ROM's etc. Nothing on GB seems to be working that great. I'm SBF'ing back to 340 tonight. If I'm right, correct me please if I'm not, this should then let me pick up the 602 OTA and I can then root that?

Thanks!

OP
C

csteiner73

Reaction score
I sbf'd back to froyo, and went to blur .602. I like it because it just works. No FCs, no hanging apps. There's a part of me that just wants to use my phone. The ROMs are fun, and it's neat to see where the platform is going, but I like it now that it just works.

Detonation

Reaction score
Same boat right now. Every ROM has a catch, and I'm tired of making sacrifices just to have a slight faster phone. I meant what good is speed if it doesn't do what you want anyways.

I'm already on .602 (Shuji 2.0)...is there a stock rooted .602 ROM I can just flash. Don't see why I would have to SBF.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Same boat right now. Every ROM has a catch, and I'm tired of making sacrifices just to have a slight faster phone. I meant what good is speed if it doesn't do what you want anyways.

I'm already on .602 (Shuji 2.0)...is there a stock rooted .602 ROM I can just flash. Don't see why I would have to SBF.

You can try and find a debloated stock ROM. I am running Darkslide and there is nothing wrong whatsoever that I have found.

random rom'd X

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I had a lot of luck with apex 2.0 rc3. I realize its an RC but it ran really well for me.

Sent from my DROIDX on CM74DX-GB

en28so

Reaction score
OK you know what? I'm done with GB! I'm sick and tired of all the issues it has: Keyboard lag, battery life. etc... I just went back to froyo and will probably stay there until I get another phone. Apex froyo rom with stellar battery life and stability it is. I'm sure many of you think the same way like me.

Natey2

Reaction score
I tried most of the roms for gingerbread, and they all were buggy with terrible battery life. I'm only running rooted 602 for now, and my battery life is better. I sure miss the stellar battery life I got on the custom froyo roms. But i'm not goin back to froyo.

The stock ROM has the biggest user base, and by a very large margin. Even with its bugs, it is actually quite decent, compared to some othe ROMs that enhance certain specific areas and introduce other problems/issues in other areas.
Just my $0.02..

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

chaas5010

Reaction score
I'm using rooted 602 and love the dictionary library dictionary quick scroll on the side for the phone contacts no force close issues no random reboots I love the custom roms but but ever since the official gingerbread came out I have not been able to run a custom rom on my droid x successfully my favorite was cm7 for sure just kept rebooting

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I never ran any stock blur on my D2 or DX, just because 2nd-init happened around the same time I got the 2 and I only ever ran some froyo stuff before that. Put .602 prerooted on it, froze or deleted what I didnt need, and it runs pretty darn well, I honestly dont mind it .I actually like some of the features the blur apps have, especially the dialer/phone.

wrongitdoo

Reaction score
I just sbf'd this morning before work and installed the latest v.602 via Team Black Hat. Previously, I was running Liberty v.09/GB and I thoroughly enjoyed its speed and tweaks. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed by the random FC's, crashes, and reboots. Now, I'm living and accepting my rooted stock moto blur until I can fathom something new to inhabit my DX.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I just sbf'd this morning before work and installed the latest v.602 via Team Black Hat. Previously, I was running Liberty v.09/GB and I thoroughly enjoyed its speed and tweaks. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed by the random FC's, crashes, and reboots. Now, I'm living and accepting my rooted stock moto blur until I can fathom something new to inhabit my DX.

Out of curiosity is your stock recovery broke? I used the Apex AIO and I cant get into it. Not a big deal but just wondering if their AIO does the same thing. I have the app so I am contemplating redoing everything using the TBH one.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Disregard my prior post. Ended up using the .602 sbf last night and rooted with the d3 one click (which is awesome and stupid easy to use). All better now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk