thinking about getting this phone. too late?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by digdug1, Nov 13, 2010.

1. epsilonbass

epsilonbass Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I specifically asked about this when getting the Dx, with Black Friday coming up and all. I was told within thirty days, if the price changes you can give them a call and they'll credit you back the difference. But was also told that the price will most likely not be dropping in the next 30 days.

Edit:

To snoop around what VZW typically does for black fridays, I looked up last year's deals. Basically found an article listing discounted phones, with their power house phones not being a part of the discounts (OG droid, Blackberry storm 2, etc)

If anyone has had good black friday luck in the past let us know. I'm guessing this year it's gonna be another BOGO/BOGA deal on the fascinate or something.

http://www.bgr.com/2009/11/25/behold-verizons-black-friday-sale/

2. droiddict

droiddict Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the DX for a little over a week after holding on to my D1 until Verizon had an offer than made it worthwhile letting my husband have a data line <G>. It seems like a lot of the folks that had a hard time letting go of the D1 are going to DX and I can see why. I may have a few extra apps on board but the OS looks like the Android that I am used to except that the screen seems huge and gorgeous and fast. I know it's heresy, but the screen moves like an iTouch screen. My only problem with the D1 was that the screen didn't move smootly. It would be close to selecting something before I could get it to move to the next screen or up and down a list.

I think the DX is going to be great insulation against the new, new thing storm. Of course, I used my husband's upgrade to get it so I still have mine :)

3. theforeman

theforeman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well speaking of black friday ive been thinking of upgrading through best buy with verizon. according to The 2010 BestBuy Black Friday Ad Scan the samsung fascinate will be only 1 dollar on black friday. my wife wants this phone so thats what i am leaning towards. i spoke with a sales guy about it the other day and he made it seem simple. then i spoke with a verizon guy and he was dissing best buy. so i dont know who to believe.
    personally im leaning for the DX but the incredible is "supposed" to be 1 dollar also (on page 2 of that ad on the link i posted) and that seems like a great phone as well. if my wife and i can get smart phones for 2 dollars that sounds great. and we just got on the unlimited family 1400 plan for 139.99 posted in the driod news forum under the big red unlimited topic.

anyone have any insight as to upgrading through anyone OTHER then verizon?
    walmart is also have a $100 gift card if you upgrade/ new aco**** with them to verizon. so thats tempting to since VZW can't match those prices but i dont want it to mess up my super unlimited deal. ugh...