Thinking about getting a droid pro...

phoenixus

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here is the situation. My fiance currently has an lg ally, which can be painfully slow and we just aren't impresssed with the phone.

She isn't really sold on touchscreens so she doesn't like the droid x and doesn't like how the d2 looks.

She does however like the dpro because of the keyboard on the front. So my question to you is, how is the phone? Performance and build quality?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hotkoko

Reaction score
I love the phone. This is my second Droid. I had bought the Droid 1 last year when it came out. Just upgraded to pro. It doesn't have the greatest screen resolution but the testing kicks ass on it. Takes some getting used to, but now I rock with it. Lol

Sent from my DROID PRO

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey everyone, here is the situation. My fiance currently has an lg ally, which can be painfully slow and we just aren't impresssed with the phone.

She isn't really sold on touchscreens so she doesn't like the droid x and doesn't like how the d2 looks.

She does however like the dpro because of the keyboard on the front. So my question to you is, how is the phone? Performance and build quality?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
Great phone. Battery life may be an issue for you, if you get a pro get the extended battery from Verizon (not from another source). I switched from Blackberry to the Pro...I'll never go back to Blackberry...the pro is so much faster and customizable.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wife loves her pro.

Battery will be an issue for you. Get the extended battery plus a few extra chargers.

Wife has bedside, purse, car, work. Gotta have juice!

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

brocbsdroid

Reaction score
I really like my Pro, much better than the BB Curve I had before.

The best thing I've found to do for the battery life issue is remove everything from the work and weekend profiles and just use the home profile. That gives you seven screens to keep apps on. Don't keep an app on more than one screen. Apparently apps that update do it more when they're on multiple screens, which must use a lot of power. I'm going to guess that doing this doubled my battery life. Still like having multiple chargers.

Sherwood

Reaction score
I have had awful luck with the phone. First one the p key didn't work, got it replaced. Second one the keyboard backlight didn't work. Replaced. Third one was good for a while and then it started rebootingand stuff. The fourth one has a weird keyboard backlight, the screen randomly turns off and it doesn't vibrate... lol I called Verizon and their sending a blackberry bold. Sorry but this phone sucks. That's just my luck. Obviously some people like it. Its also a little slower like mot slow but slower than a blackberry like to open things it takes a few milliseconds more. This probably wont matter for you but I am just really impatient and I need to get things done quickly. my keyboard is also significantly stiffer than a blackberry bold. Sorry but yeah

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have had awful luck with the phone. First one the p key didn't work, got it replaced. Second one the keyboard backlight didn't work. Replaced. Third one was good for a while and then it started rebootingand stuff. The fourth one has a weird keyboard backlight, the screen randomly turns off and it doesn't vibrate... lol I called Verizon and their sending a blackberry bold. Sorry but this phone sucks. That's just my luck. Obviously some people like it. Its also a little slower like mot slow but slower than a blackberry like to open things it takes a few milliseconds more. This probably wont matter for you but I am just really impatient and I need to get things done quickly. my keyboard is also significantly stiffer than a blackberry bold. Sorry but yeah

Unfortunately Sherwood had some bad luck with the Pro. His experience is not the norm by any measure. Keep in mind that the Pro and the OS are relatively new and some glitches can be expected for the first couple of months the phone is released. Verizon has already released one update and is expected to release another shortly to address the issues users have experienced. I was a BB owner for years and can tell you that all the problems Sherwood points out about his Pro you can find with a BB...just go to their forums and read about many of the same issues and some you won't find on a Droid. Bottom line...the Pro and the Android OS is a much more advanced, flexible and faster phone that enables the user to customize it like no BB has ever approached. If a Blackberry floats your boat...get in the boat. If not, the Pro is a great alternative.

Sherwood

Reaction score
YYeah the pro is great for some people its just not for me. Goodluck!