Thinking about getting a Droid DNA? A bit of Advice!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something about electronics is THE next big thing only lasts until THE next big thing his the shelves shortly after. While it did take quite a while for other models to surpass the Incredible 1 it was surpassed and as capable as it is it's prehistoric by comparison to newer models.
The DNA will follow in its foot steps .The One will follow in its footsteps. So will every other model currently available and in the future pipeline. This is a win/win for the consumer.
Let's try and remember that and not allow this thread to go down hill into a urinating contest.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From a Beano

rbw62

Reaction score
Good advice. Same thing has been happening to the computer industry 4 years. So it will continue to happen, but some devices do last longer than others do you too the advancement in technology. Technology has to catch up in order to surpass the last devices.
Same thing with cell phones, I believe the 1 is pretty advanced, and other phones will follow its lead. The DNA was a stop gap 4 the 1.
Enough said about this thread.

Sent from Batcave

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that guy is trolling. I don't know how to take what you're saying seriously, not because I'm some fanboy, but because the numbers don't add up. I wouldn't even have a discussion about similarities between the Rezound and Droid DNA, there is really no comparison in performance and I know because I've owned both.

The main idea of this thread is to offer some advice and success stories from others about purchasing the DNA in the most advantageous situation possible-such as the guy who said he gave up his unlimited data plan and paid $59 through Dell for it. That's an amazing offer.

For those of you with a grandfathered data plan, that is a gold brick in the eyes of Verizon..so far myself and another on here milked them dry for it, so I encourage anyone in the market for a DNA or possibly another device for that matter to make that salesman/saleswoman work really hard to pry that unlimited data plan from your cold hands (in the event you were like me and went over 2 years without going over 2GB of data and really didn't need the unlimited plan).

rbw62

Reaction score
Trolling...u need to go back to fishing school! Next, I am not doing a side by side comparison on the DNA & Droid, for one it is 2 diff op sys, one is quad core, one is dual core. The only direct comparison was the display.
Now, the name of this thread is what..?
Next, I do not sell cell phones any longer.
So the only light I present objects in, is my light, the way I see it.
If you want to sell the DNA open a new thread and call it "The best of the DNA", a biased opinion. Ok, anything else?

Sent from Batcave

Psykho

Reaction score
Trolling...u need to go back to fishing school! Next, I am not doing a side by side comparison on the DNA & Droid, for one it is 2 diff op sys, one is quad core, one is dual core. The only direct comparison was the display.
If you want to sell the DNA open a new thread and call it "The best of the DNA", a biased opinion. Ok, anything else?

Sent from Batcave

2 diff op sys? They both have Android 4.2 (Jellybean) unless you mean skins...

OP
indee2025

indee2025

Reaction score

Sent from Batcave

1) I think you meant to say DNA & HTC One or DNA & Rezound...the DNA is a Droid.

2)All the above examples use Android OS....a dual core and quad core are not representative of the OS.

3)This thread provides an area of discussion wherein owners of the DNA or prospective buyers can share their experiences in purchasing the DNA with or without giving up their unlimited data plan for leverage during the actual purchase. This is a thread within a section of the forums specifically pertaining to the DROID DNA. It will be a bias thread because we are in the Droid DNA thread section.

4)Your statement that you do not sell phones any longer is irrelevant. I don't do drugs, when I want a rush I just get out of a chair when I'm not expecting it...fun to say but adds nothing to the thread.

5) I'm not sure what made you think this discussion was about selling the Droid DNA. I stated earlier what it's about and it's pretty clear.

6) I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed in the batcave. Let's be honest.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok gentlemen let's get away from the "vs" this thread keeps trying to veer toward.
Now we have gotten borderline insulting and I really really enjoy reading threads and posts instead of having to clean things up.
There are some very valid points to this discussion, even in the veering ,BUT most vs threads that didn't start off as vs threads don't end well. Someone inevitably steps over a line and action from someone on staff has to be taken. I don't want to see that happen in this thread.
I respectfully suggest the thread get back on topic and stay there. If anyone feels there is trolling going on please report it or ignore it. If anyone feels they are being accused of trolling, again, please report it or ignore it. If anyone feels insulted by another's comment please report it or ignore it.
Thank you.
It is the awesome members here that make this such a good forum to be part of, as staff or as member only.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

rbw62

Reaction score
Ok gentlemen let's get away from the "vs" this thread keeps trying to veer toward.
Now we have gotten borderline insulting and I really really enjoy reading threads and posts instead of having to clean things up.
There are some very valid points to this discussion, even in the veering ,BUT most vs threads that didn't start off as vs threads don't end well. Someone inevitably steps over a line and action from someone on staff has to be taken. I don't want to see that happen in this thread.
I respectfully suggest the thread get back on topic and stay there. If anyone feels there is trolling going on please report it or ignore it. If anyone feels they are being accused of trolling, again, please report it or ignore it. If anyone feels insulted by another's comment please report it or ignore it.
Thank you.
It is the awesome members here that make this such a good forum to be part of, as staff or as member only.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I apologize to anyone I may have offended in this thread.
I am 64 yrs old, a Nam Vet, and have been thru the mill. That is my excuse.

Sent from Batcave

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I apologize to anyone I may have offended in this thread.
I am 64 yrs old, a Nam Vet, and have been thru the mill. That is my excuse.

Sent from Batcave

Thank you for your service

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy

richiethec

Reaction score
Have had mine since December, and continue to love it more and more every day.