Thinking about flashing need info

tb110895

Reaction score
I'm really thinking about flashing this ROM but I need some info/help.
what's the best way to backup my home now and how do I restore go back to the stock one. After I go back, will I get regular moto updates or will I have to sbf?
What are some steps I have to follow to flash a rom?

Sent from my DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You'll use the bootstrapper to make a system backup and then when you want to receive updates, you'll restore that backup and be good to go. Everything else can be backed up with titanium save for contacts and SMS but Google should handle the former and there are apps for the latter.

tappin and a talkin

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
You'll use the bootstrapper to make a system backup and then when you want to receive updates, you'll restore that backup and be good to go. Everything else can be backed up with titanium save for contacts and SMS but Google should handle the former and there are apps for the latter.

tappin and a talkin

So all I need to do is make a backup with bootstrapper and restore it to get my updates? I thought you had to sbf..
are you saying that titanium can't backup contacts or sms? That "save" didn't look like the right word. Also, I heard I have to erase all my data with bootstrap before I flash?
Sent from my DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya in that instance "save" is like "except"
Titanium will back up all of your apps and data so you can restore them after flashing the rom, because yes you will have to wipe all data. You can use the contacts app to export a name card of all your contacts to your sd card and there's an app called sms backup/restore that will backup your sms

tappin and a talkin

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Ya in that instance "save" is like "except"
Titanium will back up all of your apps and data so you can restore them after flashing the rom, because yes you will have to wipe all data. You can use the contacts app to export a name card of all your contacts to your sd card and there's an app called sms backup/restore that will backup your sms

tappin and a talkin

That's it? Its that simple? If there's anything else just post it.
How do I get themes and different add-ons for roms? Do I flash them just like the rom?

Sent from my DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So after everything is backed up including your system and apps and such you'll flash the rom as per the instructions in the thread. Then there is an app included with the rom called liberty tool box that you can use to basically one click install themes and add ons

tappin and a talkin

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Sweet! I heard liberty is so hard to pass up and it makes the phone so much better.
What if it doesn't install right? Sbf?

Sent from my DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if something goes wrong on instal there are to ways to fix it depending on what went wrong. It may be as simple as going in to stock recovery and wiping data again, or it may indeed require an sbf. As long as you follow directions though it should be fine.

tappin and a talkin

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
One other thing, I saw a thread with different status bars for liberty. How would I go about installing them? Just flash them with bootstrap like you would a rom?

Sent from my DROID2

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
Wait, do I flash the rom then reboot and go back into recovery and restore apps and data, or do I flash the rom and while still in rocovery and restore apps and data, then reboot
Thanks for all the help!

Sent from my DROID2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never had to sbf, never needed to, but as I understand it's not all that difficult. The different status bars may come with a theme, in which case you will install them from the toolbox or in clockwork. As for restoring the apps, you'll flash the rom and then when you boot up, download titanium from the marketplace after activating the phone and restore them from there.

tappin and a talkin

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
dude i just flashed this and I am pretty freakin happy right now. Apps are working better on here than ever before. And I was actually able to move kindle to the SDCARD....dancedroid

OP
tb110895

tb110895

Reaction score
dude i just flashed this and I am pretty freakin happy right now. Apps are working better on here than ever before. And I was actually able to move kindle to the SDCARD....dancedroid

Sweet! Did you run into any problems?
How much faster is it?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App