Thinking about ditching my blueberry. Need to know if the droid is up to the task...

tigerdango

Reaction score
To the OP of this thread, do you really think it's "BlueBerry" or did you just put that to make fun of BlackBerry? <.<

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
Of course I know it's blackberry. I just like to call it blueberry. I've been using BB's for years. I also like to call bluetooth "blacktooth" :)

tigerdango

Reaction score
XD Somehow I figured you were making fun of it, was just making sure. I was very disappointed with BB. I got a BB Curve 3G 9330 and had it about 20-25 days or so before I got an Incredible. Pretty cool though since had I not gotten a Droid I wouldn't be here typing to you right now. :3

Droids

Reaction score
I still haven't confirmed with 100% certainty that there is a 3rd party app that will do exactly what I am looking for.
You know, I still have the original Droid but can't help following this thread. I want to see this work for you. If I were in your shoes, I would first look at the built-in profiles utility on the 'Pro and see what they can and cannot accomplish. Besides the predefined profiles you can create custom profiles. Then I would look at apps such as Tasker, Locale, Setting Profiles, Timeriffic.

One or more of these in combination might give you what you need. I'm fairly confident you can get this done though it will take some research and effort. The only issue I see is being able to silence individual gmail accounts rather than all or none. Tasker is the most powerful of the profile type apps, there is a thread for it on this forum and tasker has it's own wiki too.

OP
D

deputydog95

Reaction score
I still haven't confirmed with 100% certainty that there is a 3rd party app that will do exactly what I am looking for.
You know, I still have the original Droid but can't help following this thread. I want to see this work for you. If I were in your shoes, I would first look at the built-in profiles utility on the 'Pro and see what they can and cannot accomplish. Besides the predefined profiles you can create custom profiles. Then I would look at apps such as Tasker, Locale, Setting Profiles, Timeriffic.

One or more of these in combination might give you what you need. I'm fairly confident you can get this done though it will take some research and effort. The only issue I see is being able to silence individual gmail accounts rather than all or none. Tasker is the most powerful of the profile type apps, there is a thread for it on this forum and tasker has it's own wiki too.

I had my verizon biz rep contact motorola. The response I got back from moto was that invidual profiles to specific gmail accounts cannot be accomplished with the os on the phone.

He did not recommend a 3rd party app.

This is such a simple thing. I wonder if RIM has it copyrighted somehow.

tigerdango

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if RIM did have this copyrighted. The things companies will do to beat each other, especially since RIM knows that Android's stuff is much better than BB. They feel like they have to have something. D:

nathan66669

Reaction score
I don't think it will separate out different gmails, but I posted in the thread to ask anyway. Thanks for the link.

Since the Pro has no trackball or dpad, how do you navigate around the screen?

The pro is still touch screen, just like all the others. So launching apps and the like will still use that function.

I was a hard core BB user as well, but I'd take my droid any day. I have the D1 since it had the keyboard (which really was inferior to BB) however, you get used to the on screen keyboard, and now I would never go back.

I don't know of a specific app to mute certain gmails, but I use timeriffic to mute email and txt messages and lower my ringer to 40% after hours. Do you need certain e-mails to wake you up?

awjones

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm the developer of WhoIsIt. I plan on adding the multiple gmail account ability on the very near future. Stay tuned...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk