Thinking about a Thunderbolt

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
Have an upgrade available and i'm thinking about a thunderbolt. I live in Tempe so i have 4G LTE available to me but how much faster is it then Verizon's 3G?

ziggy484

Reaction score
Have an upgrade available and i'm thinking about a thunderbolt. I live in Tempe so i have 4G LTE available to me but how much faster is it then Verizon's 3G?
i've heard that 4g is super fast, I don't have it where I live yet. The tb even as a 3g phone is better than anything else out

badbeat33

Reaction score
I don't use the speedtest app as I just don't trust it so I have tested my TB and my wife's DX on speakeasy.net. I get anywhere between 7-35mbps download on my tb. She is lucky to get 1mbps down. I hate when I am not in a 4G area and have to use 3g because once you get used to 4G, 3g seems soooooo slow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
I don't use the speedtest app as I just don't trust it so I have tested my TB and my wife's DX on speakeasy.net. I get anywhere between 7-35mbps download on my tb. She is lucky to get 1mbps down. I hate when I am not in a 4G area and have to use 3g because once you get used to 4G, 3g seems soooooo slow.

35mb down? :icon_eek:

Looks like i'll definitely be hitting up the verizon store after work. Thanks Bad

kdb9904

Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned its no comparison ... 4g blows 3g out the door. Given the chance definitely go 4g. Also the thunderbolt is awesome

DAVID2010

Reaction score
Even with only 2 bars of 4G I get speeds that blow my 3g away. I also can get 35Mbps download. It varies in speed but overall its great and fast.

rawr33

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a Thunderbolt, too. I've got a pre-smartphone device that's dying and I want to upgrade asap, but am having trouble deciding.

My local Verizon store's employees didn't even want to sell me the Thunderbolt because they said it's had numerous problems, particularly with bad battery performance (even compared with other similar devices).

I'm not particularly interested in rooting (sounds like risk and effort I don't need to take), so I'm trying to figure out if the Thunderbolt is a truly viable option for me. I don't want to have a battery that's failing all the time, spontaneous rebooting sounds very frustrating, and I'm not sure about what other issues it may be having.

Your input is appreciated.

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
I'm thinking about a Thunderbolt, too. I've got a pre-smartphone device that's dying and I want to upgrade asap, but am having trouble deciding.

My local Verizon store's employees didn't even want to sell me the Thunderbolt because they said it's had numerous problems, particularly with bad battery performance (even compared with other similar devices).

I'm not particularly interested in rooting (sounds like risk and effort I don't need to take), so I'm trying to figure out if the Thunderbolt is a truly viable option for me. I don't want to have a battery that's failing all the time, spontaneous rebooting sounds very frustrating, and I'm not sure about what other issues it may be having.

First of all don't waste your money in the Verizon store. Wirefly has the thunderbolt for 179.99. Also I highly encourage you to buy the extended battery as its well worth it. Id you have lte service available you should definately take advantage of it

armeddroid

Reaction score

They refuse to sell you a Thunderbolt cause they said it had alot of issues?
Interesting. Curious to why its still on the market if the TBOLT is considered a lemon.
I dont have any issues with battery or rebooting. Only issue I am having is the GPS isnt locking properly but I read the solution on here. So...I am gonna try that. Aside from that, Tbolt is greatness.

Technoman

Reaction score
4g/LTE is friking fast and amazing. Battery on the TBolt could use some update to get it better, but you can't compare it with 3g devices. 4g does require more power and therefore it does eat battery.

I thought long and hard about using my upgrade, but I just wasn't willing to wait it out and get stuck with tiered data on 4g. Made my purchase 2 days ago and the announcement of the tiered plans was made today.

ss13

Reaction score
Yes battery life is not great, but for what you get in speed its hard to complain. Also LTE is still new, and so the phone is the first of many to come. Sometimes you have to endure a little to have the latest and greatest.

I have read other posts of people that have solid 4g and do not go in and out of 3g, etc...have great battery life. Other that have not 4g and are always on 3g have better battery life than those of us that roam in and out.

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
If you decide to go 4G, I don't want to see you back in these forums crying about the battery life being so short. So you should also know that you will be faced with that problem regardless of which 4G phone your choose. :)

OP
B

BlackTTC6

Reaction score
If you decide to go 4G, I don't want to see you back in these forums crying about the battery life being so short. So you should also know that you will be faced with that problem regardless of which 4G phone your choose. :)

Im going with an extended battery from the get go. :)