Think my X is stuck!

HayWire

Reaction score
Just tried installing Liberty 1.5 rom, and right now it has rebooted but all that happens is Liberty is being displayed and some wings. Is this phone on a bootloop and how can I get it functioning?

Or, now I need it to power on too.. I pulled the battery thinking it'd reset it but I dont think that workedd... argh, what do I do.

Last edited:

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pull the battery, hold home and power as it boots, release and hit the search key at the screen with the droid in the triangle. Wipe data/factory reset wipe cache, reboot

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
pull the battery, hold home and power as it boots, release and hit the search key at the screen with the droid in the triangle. Wipe data/factory reset wipe cache, reboot

and how many hands are you supposed to have while doing this?? I already pulled the battery,

Breathes deeply, I got it as far as this, now I have the triangle and excmation point.

Is there a way I can try putting the liberty rom on here again while I'm at this stage? I dont know what I did wrong for it to not install. I didnt wipe or anything before the install, could that have done it?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just put the battery back in and follow the rest of his instructions.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it takes some coordination but not as much as getting to the bootloader, you'll have it up and running in a few minutes

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
it takes some coordination but not as much as getting to the bootloader, you'll have it up and running in a few minutes

Thank you so much it ran through a formatting data and is not fomrating cache, I just rebooted the system though.. And I dont think its right stilll. Should that wipe have put me back to stock android?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thank you so much it ran through a formatting data and is not fomrating cache, I just rebooted the system though.. And I dont think its right stilll. Should that wipe have put me back to stock android?

No, it shouldn't. Don't you still see the Superuser in your app drawer?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the wipe will wipe most everything out, did it come up with the yellow liberty wallpaper?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you on 2.3.340?

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score

No, it shouldn't. Don't you still see the Superuser in your app drawer?

It actually kept the Liberty Rom on, which is what I was hoping for. I wanted to seeit first hand. I think I need to do a *228 now though as I dont think I have data working right.. I need to get my apps again, luckily there weren't too many (why I wanted to choose a rom now) Seems liberty is much faster then the vanilla android

OP
H

HayWire

Reaction score
are you on 2.3.340?

I'm not sure where to check that. I lost my apps initially but they came back. I know its running on liberty right now though and things seem to be working ok.

Thanks for helping me and keeping me from losing my 3 day old x lol

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
no problem man, you can check the vitals in menu button>settings>about phone if you are on liberty it would have the system version, just liberty 1.5 and android 2.2.1, if you got it running then you are on the right firmware

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I didnt wipe or anything before the install, could that have done it?

Yes, before flashing the ROM you need to wipe data and cache in bootstrap recovery

bbrink68

Reaction score
!!

Did you do a Reset Factory Wipe prior to installing? Also it should be noted that the first boot up after installation takes longer than normal....sounds like this isnt the case though..Just do a battery pull as others have pointed out. Goodluck!

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Did you do a Reset Factory Wipe prior to installing? Also it should be noted that the first boot up after installation takes longer than normal....sounds like this isnt the case though..Just do a battery pull as others have pointed out. Goodluck!

Looks like the guys did a good job getting you back last night. And the answer to your question is yes, Always do a "Wipe data/factory reset" prior to flashing any new ROM. Every once in a while a developer will say it is ok to flash overtop a current ROM if it is an upgrade.. IE. going from version 5.0 to 5.5... But I ALWAYS wipe data/factory reset prior to be on the safe side.. :icon_ banana: