Think im talking myself out of the DX

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by rsarno, Jul 14, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno New Member

Mods, sorry if this is redundant, im sure it is but i went back 5 or 6 pages and found nothing.

The size was always a concern for me, but i was going to give it a chance and see if i can get used to it.

But the main reason i was going to force myself to give it a shot wasnt so much the specs, it was the attention i expected it to get from developers! I am attracted to the community built around the original DROID.

I dont even know what Root or Rom means, but i am very technical and work in mobile software development, so im sure eventually id get my fingers into it.

But with that possibility out the window due to being locked down, i believe i will stick with the dInc and just hope it eventually gets Froyo. dInc + Froyo will be fine for me for some time, i am sure. Im going to consider a 1yr contract for this phone.

By then, im sure there will be a newer phone i can jump into hehe.

The good news is, i think the delay on dInc orders are getting better! Site says about 2 weeks now. Sweet!
  2. CSmith_AndroidD

CSmith_AndroidD New Member

It is dependent...
    If the DX has the same lock system the original droid did, SOMEONE will extract it and emulate on the SDK. (Whos gonna buy a bunch of phones right?)

If the lock is up to 1024 bit then chances are they wont be cracked anytime soon.
    However, Theres not a software in the world that wont get hacked eventually.

You'll get the ability to root :) (Eventually)

Good luck! (and guys get to cracking the software :D )
  3. darreno1

darreno1 New Member

The main point of this phone is the large screen. If that's a concern then this isn't the phone for you IMO. The Inc. or Fascinate are better bets if you're thinking about custom roms right now. I believe the Droid X will be rooted way before they ever crack the boot loader unless someone from Moto decides to be nice.
  4. Guchi

Guchi New Member

5. rsarno

rsarno New Member

thank you all. i have placed my order for 2 devices.

thanks again