Think I'm going to root. Paranoid.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Rooting isn't just about modifying stuff on your phone. You can get the latest stuff by rooting. Such as the newest version of android, extra features, kernels for better performance and battery life, and more. Not sure what you are talking about with "boot startup and hacking applications".

+1
Z4Root will NOT work on the Nexus. Not stalking you but, you need to research the subject of your answers before posting them so members do not get confused by your posts.

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Stop insulting my knowledge, z4root is supported by his phone, though most new droids aren't his is i know because i rooted my friends phone last week, MAYBE you should think and research before posting -.-

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stop insulting my knowledge, z4root is supported by his phone, though most new droids aren't his is i know because i rooted my friends phone last week, MAYBE you should think and research before posting -.-

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

Z4 is for froyo... 2.2 and below........
And this thread is for the nexus... Which is ics.... 4.0....
So z4 will not work on the nexus

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Z4 is for froyo... 2.2 and below........
And this thread is for the nexus... Which is ics.... 4.0....
So z4 will not work on the nexus

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

+1

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk

nleksan

Reaction score
Yeah, my bad, sometimes I don't realize I am "thinking out loud" via typing, lol. Point was, first time I built a gaming rig, I was scared out of my *censored* because I had a $1000 processor with 940 teeny-tiny wee-little pins and trying to line it up with a $500 motherboard and it's 940 teeny-tiny itsy-bitsy pin holes. Yet I succeeded.

But, rooting my phone scares me.

SIDENOTE: I went to the VZW store on Friday, the same one where I bought my phone, and asked to talk to someone about the issues I was having (awful battery life, recent frequent reboots, etc), and showed them the screenshot I took of my BEST battery life during a day where I actually used my phone, which was 9hr24m... I showed them the average ones that are all 5-6hrs max, the "Keep Awake" bug, etc. I told them how I had talked to Customer Service over the phone five times and had been told by a "Level 2" Tech Support guy that I could go in and get a new phone (not refurbished, a BNIB GNEX) if the issues persisted.
Well, they persisted, so I went in. WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! Seriously... They kept going on about how 9hrs is "AMAZING battery life for ANY 4G device", even after telling them at least a half-dozen times that it was MY BEST, not an average!

The girl then tells me, "Well, if you want better battery life, just use the phone less"... At that point, I was getting angry, because all she had done was try to sell me a $50 extended battery and in 5 minutes had mentioned the Droid RAZR MAXX multiple times. I replied "Why in the **** would I have spent $300 CASH on a phone to NOT USE IT AT ALL??"
I asked then if I could at the very least have a new battery, to which I was told "it is not a battery issue, so no, not unless you buy the Extended Battery"...!

She then said "Well, I could let you exchange it for a new Droid RAZR or RAZR MAXX, if you want to do that...?" , and I said "No, I bought this phone because it is a Dev device, it is supported by Google and not this awful company, and unlike Motorola's latest offerings, it will not be obsolete in six months... I know that you guys are told to push the RAZR and not the Nexus, I am on plenty of Android-related forums that have VZW employees to know better... So, since you claim your manager isn't here, and you don't know anything about these phones, I will be calling Samsung and also the local Customer Service again to let them know that I was treated like a second-class citizen 7wks after buying THE flagship phone... I just watched you give someone a BRAND NEW RAZR after overhearing you talk to them and I know that the phone they had was originally bought 3 days after release!!! Yet I can't get the same?? Seriously? I will also ask to talk to someone who knows ANYTHING about these phones, because no one in here even knows how to get to "Settings" on this device!"

I have been with Verizon for a total of TWELVE YEARS (I was mistaken before when I said ten, I looked it up), and I get treated like this? What a joke! They were smiling and happy to take my money when I bought it, but now they won't even give me basic customer support... I am seriously on the verge of calling the BBB and making a complaint against the people and the specific store. It was that bad. ARGH

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yeah, my bad, sometimes I don't realize I am "thinking out loud" via typing, lol. Point was, first time I built a gaming rig, I was scared out of my *censored* because I had a $1000 processor with 940 teeny-tiny wee-little pins and trying to line it up with a $500 motherboard and it's 940 teeny-tiny itsy-bitsy pin holes. Yet I succeeded.

But, rooting my phone scares me.

SIDENOTE: I went to the VZW store on Friday, the same one where I bought my phone, and asked to talk to someone about the issues I was having (awful battery life, recent frequent reboots, etc), and showed them the screenshot I took of my BEST battery life during a day where I actually used my phone, which was 9hr24m... I showed them the average ones that are all 5-6hrs max, the "Keep Awake" bug, etc. I told them how I had talked to Customer Service over the phone five times and had been told by a "Level 2" Tech Support guy that I could go in and get a new phone (not refurbished, a BNIB GNEX) if the issues persisted.
Well, they persisted, so I went in. WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS! Seriously... They kept going on about how 9hrs is "AMAZING battery life for ANY 4G device", even after telling them at least a half-dozen times that it was MY BEST, not an average!

The girl then tells me, "Well, if you want better battery life, just use the phone less"... At that point, I was getting angry, because all she had done was try to sell me a $50 extended battery and in 5 minutes had mentioned the Droid RAZR MAXX multiple times. I replied "Why in the **** would I have spent $300 CASH on a phone to NOT USE IT AT ALL??"
I asked then if I could at the very least have a new battery, to which I was told "it is not a battery issue, so no, not unless you buy the Extended Battery"...!

She then said "Well, I could let you exchange it for a new Droid RAZR or RAZR MAXX, if you want to do that...?" , and I said "No, I bought this phone because it is a Dev device, it is supported by Google and not this awful company, and unlike Motorola's latest offerings, it will not be obsolete in six months... I know that you guys are told to push the RAZR and not the Nexus, I am on plenty of Android-related forums that have VZW employees to know better... So, since you claim your manager isn't here, and you don't know anything about these phones, I will be calling Samsung and also the local Customer Service again to let them know that I was treated like a second-class citizen 7wks after buying THE flagship phone... I just watched you give someone a BRAND NEW RAZR after overhearing you talk to them and I know that the phone they had was originally bought 3 days after release!!! Yet I can't get the same?? Seriously? I will also ask to talk to someone who knows ANYTHING about these phones, because no one in here even knows how to get to "Settings" on this device!"

I have been with Verizon for a total of TWELVE YEARS (I was mistaken before when I said ten, I looked it up), and I get treated like this? What a joke! They were smiling and happy to take my money when I bought it, but now they won't even give me basic customer support... I am seriously on the verge of calling the BBB and making a complaint against the people and the specific store. It was that bad. ARGH

You have to try the 4.0.4 leak man. From what I've read, it clears up every issue you are having!

nleksan

Reaction score
I'm excited about the potential for battery improvement and fixed reboot issue and all, but are you telling me... it will improve Verizon's customer service, or at least make the female employee I deal with look like Scarlett Johansson (instead of skinny Rosie O'Donnell)????

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?????

;)