Think I'm going to root. Paranoid.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Howd do u do a backup with no Sdcard? To the pc?

You mean a nandroid backup in ClockworkMod Recovery? It would save to the internal storage of the phone. Everything works the same, you just can't physically remove the storage from the phone. Internal storage looks the same as an sdcard from the phone and when connected to a PC. There are instances where all of the data on your internal storage could be wiped (factory reset from the phone's settings or returning to stock via Odin) so it may be a good idea to copy the backup file to your PC for safe storage. Also might pull important files, photos, or videos every so often and copy them to your PC for safe keeping too. Of course these are good practices even when removable storage is available if you're worried about losing things, as sdcards can easily become damaged or corrupted. Wiping data in recovery to install a ROM doesn't affect the internal storage at all, your files stay in place. If that's the only thing keeping you from rooting, get to it man!

droid master

Reaction score
You mean a nandroid backup in ClockworkMod Recovery? It would save to the internal storage of the phone. Everything works the same, you just can't physically remove the storage from the phone. Internal storage looks the same as an sdcard from the phone and when connected to a PC. There are instances where all of the data on your internal storage could be wiped (factory reset from the phone's settings or returning to stock via Odin) so it may be a good idea to copy the backup file to your PC for safe storage. Also might pull important files, photos, or videos every so often and copy them to your PC for safe keeping too. Of course these are good practices even when removable storage is available if you're worried about losing things, as sdcards can easily become damaged or corrupted. Wiping data in recovery to install a ROM doesn't affect the internal storage at all, your files stay in place. If that's the only thing keeping you from rooting, get to it man!

Nothing now you have addressed the issues I had my concerns with,and dont seem to be a issue anymore, I will root this week :) Ty

nleksan

Reaction score
Man, I sometimes wish I could just have one of the (many) far-more-experienced-than-myself members of this forum root my phone for me! lol

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Man, I sometimes wish I could just have one of the (many) far-more-experienced-than-myself members of this forum root my phone for me! lol

There is no hurry, just keep reading up on it and watching youtube vids. Trust me, it starts to make sense to the point where you feel ready!

prowler85

Reaction score

I've rooted most droid user's phones here at work, and have been told that I should start an android phone support and rooting/romming business. Would be a fun business, just don't think it would pay the bills, and I've just grown too accustomed to eating.;)

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've rooted most droid user's phones here at work, and have been told that I should start an android phone support and rooting/romming business. Would be a fun business, just don't think it would pay the bills, and I've just grown too accustomed to eating.;)

Haha. I've been told the same thing. It's only scary the first time, then after that, it's a piece of cake.

nleksan

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember how I was freaked the f out the first time I built a gaming rig, with a $1000 one-day-old AMD FX-51 chip in my hand and putting thermal paste on my $500 Socket940 Asus Motherboard (not to mention the $290 worth of Corsair XMS ECC DRAM-1066, which was two 512MB sticks! and the $525 ATI X800XT-PE I managed to get two weeks before launch)... Honestly, I have hands like a surgeon, but every other part of my body was shaking when I pressed that lever down and then installed the MASSIVE 6-Heatpipe 2-Fan (2x 93mm fans, push/pull) CPU heatsink that weighed a good 1.5-1.75lbs!!!

Yet, that computer booted up like a champ, no issue, and I even held the record for highest 3dMark03 score, beating the previous guy and his [email protected] by 18% with just 2.86ghz (from 2.2ghz) on AIR and the X800 boosted 21%clock/30%shader/36%memory ON AIR, (AnandTech and a couple other sites) for a good two months before someone came along with a water cooled FX-53 and water-cooled X800XTPE.... :( Just for the record, though, that PC was kept only mildly OC'd after that, with the CPU at 2.4ghz stock voltage and the GPU OC'd (%) 8clock/12shader/16mem, and the RAM knocked down to 2-3-2 timing (remember, ECC RAM) and just a bump in voltage had it running at a 1:1 with the HT-Link... Played every game available for 2 years following at those specs, 1680x900 with highest settings and 8x AA plus 8-16x ASF, when available, at a minimum of 50fps (HL2 was 75fps at 1080p and 95fps+ at 900p, Doom3/FEAR both over 60fps on Ultra, etc)... Not bad at all considering it's age.
Unfortunately, even with a full-tower Thermaltake case and 3x120mm intake, 2x140mm top exhaust, 2x80mm side intake (blowing onto GPU), 2x180 rear exhaust, plus the 2x93mm push/pull CPU fans and two expansion-port 98mm "slot fans" with one blowing air onto the back of the X800 while the other provided direct exhaust for the on-card fan (my buddy and I designed a custom "vent", insulated, that pulled air from an otherwise blocked front intake fan, connected to the CPU fan, and then another 6" of the same vent connected to the "pull" CPU fan to exhaust it out a spare rear exhaust fan... dropped CPU temps 13-15*C load and GPU temps by up to 20*C load).... it died. Still not sure why, but have been slowly gathering up parts to experiment.

/endtangent

POINT BEING: the first step is what scares me!

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
huh? you lost

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Sorry, fat fingers....meant to say: you lost me at "I remember"

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

thesoldier

Reaction score
He lost me after "gaming rig" lol...little too much info there bud haha. But yeah its always the first time you're scared of doing something wrong, but once you do it right, its as easy as following a few steps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Don't be paranoid get z4root it can root and unroot in less than a minute then delete apps no trace of root. Back it up on your computer in case phone breaks or messes up you can go in to phone files and delete root nothing to be paranoid about.
-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well rooting is only for modifying your phone either boot startup Or hacking applications. If you don't want to modify stuff on your phone then don't root.

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well rooting is only for modifying your phone either boot startup Or hacking applications. If you don't want to modify stuff on your phone then don't root.

Rooting isn't just about modifying stuff on your phone. You can get the latest stuff by rooting. Such as the newest version of android, extra features, kernels for better performance and battery life, and more. Not sure what you are talking about with "boot startup and hacking applications".

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
No, i said modify your device battery life, application hacking, boot start-up, kernels. Getting all of these things are modifying it to benefit yourself making your phone better and better entertaining yourself by hacking apps so all of this is "Modifying your device to your self-gain"