Things we like about IPhone4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by mikeofmikes83, Jul 3, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WINNER!!! Yeah, I think its safe to say thats the thing I like best about it too
  2. JhankG

JhankG Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the look of all glass, but I certainly wouldn't own a phone that could shatter so easily. The screen looks amazing. Nothing about OS4 impresses me. The camera looks nice but pictures seem over saturated. I like that it is having antenna issues which hopefully pushes more people towards Android!
  3. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I woke up today wondering if I would ever appreciate the IPhone for anything, inovation, technology, anything...you just gave me a reason...their pushing people towards android os
  4. bfg_z71

bfg_z71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know whether or not it syncs contacts?
  6. bfg_z71

bfg_z71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't sure, so I grabbed my wife's phone.
    Clicked on FB > Friends > and right there was the option to sync.

I went back to her FB home page because it looked like she had more 'options' compared to my droid, and she does.
    Bloo (I don't use but like the notifications) has 7 options (share, inbox, feed, profile, friends, photos, events)
    I have 6 from the standard widget (news feed, friends, photos, inbox, profile, & notifications)

In addition to those 6, her iphone 4 has chat, notes, requests, events, & a second page to just add favorite friends.
    Not sure how/what that second page of favorite friends actually does, because she doesn't have anyone in there yet. I guess her husband isn't on her favorite list... :D
  7. EgooEspada

EgooEspada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that app that makes your signal drop in 2 seconds, real battery saver.
    Hope we can port that app over.

lol

But seriously, I like iPhone's games (the few I've played anyway). They have a nice selection of well made games. But I'm sure we'll see games like those soon, they're already starting to come up and developers seem to have their eye on Android. :)
  8. Clownassasin

Clownassasin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The iPhone 4 is amazing, the games are out of this world compared to those on android, I mean seriously are there any good games at all for android? and the iPhone 4' screen is rediculous its stunning and very sharp
  9. bfg_z71

bfg_z71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know you're just effin' around, but I'll add my $.02

I've been with AT&T for 10 years, so I know their cell signal well in this area.
    Since switching to Verizon & getting the :motdroidvert: - there are areas where my AT&T phone worked, but now it doesn't. Not sure if thats a VZ issue, or a droid thing. It's a poor cell area to begin with, but that's just it. It was poor, but at least I had it.

Carry on...
  10. RW-1

RW-1 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it is a terrific looking phone. Too bad that antenna design flaw will be its undoing.

Fun part of this is nothing will be out from apple to compete with Gingerbread (3.0) this fall. . . :)
  11. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    MY buddy has one, and I've played with it; but I just don't get it. It's a very nice screen, and a really slick design; those parts I get. What I will never understand is the UI and fanboism.

All I hear from iphone owners is, "it's such a polished UI!" The first iphone I've ever used was the iphone4, and I was honestly expecting to be a bit jealous coming from my piddly old Droid. The UI was smooth and the screen was nice, but really? It's just a bunch of apps on the screen! It's not only user unfriendly, but boring to boot; with the added benefit of not being very functional.

Here's my biggest gripe: the fanboism. It's not that they like their Apple product (brand loyalty is fine if the brand's been good to you, I think), it's that they hate everything that's not Apple to the point of making no sense. All we heard prior to iOS4 was, "who needs to multitask on a phone? why would I want a flash on a phone camera?" and the like. Now that they have multitasking, a flash, and folders, they act like it's the Second Coming. Why couldn't they just admit to wanting those features in the first place?

Can you imagine if Apple put active widgets on their homescreens, like Android? It would "change everything, again." Apple fanbois would scream the iphone5's praises to the heavens, and act like it's the most revolutionary thing on the planet. But if you show them those features on your Droid, it's, "meh, I don't need those. I like a clean home screen."

Don't get me wrong, it's great for Apple and their shareholders. I'm all for a company making a buck. But do the people giving them their money have to be such raving fanatics? I have a Droid on VZW; I know it has shortcomings. I wish I could make calls while surfing the net, or it was easier to mate with hidden SSID wifi networks. I can't imagine saying crap like, "Surf the internet and make calls? Why would I want to do that? And who hides their SSID these days? I wouldn't want to connect to a stupid hidden network."

Apple people drive me nuts sometimes.
  12. Rindaen

Rindaen Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Things I love about iPhone :iphone:
    Easy to use
    App Store + iTunes
    Syncs directly with PC or Mac

Zandar ,
    I know exactly what you are saying, I see it on both sides.
    I have been contemplating a Droid to see what the big deal is.
    Plenty of Fanboism on this forum as well as the iPhone forums.
    I just ignore those people on both sides.

Still contemplating my Switch to Droid :motdroidvert:
  13. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The screen. That's it.
  14. Droidfish

Droidfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All I want from the iOS/Iphone is the I Am Tpain autotune app. I could clown around with that app for months without it getting old. Anybody feel like emailing the auto tune company an Anroid request?
  15. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like that "I am TPain" app too :)

I've played around with an IPhone, and got pretty indepth with the iPhone3's UI. To me, it just sees half assed. I mean, if we want a screen full of apps, we just flick the app drawer open. Easy as pie.

To add to that, to the people who may say they want everything at their finger tips... I use app manager, so with a few app manager widgets, I have access to every single app that I use on just one home screen. Sure, there may be a little learning curb for some...but to me, nothing is as easy and polished as Android.

So yeah,

The screen
    The facebook app
    The fact that its not on our network's bogging down our service
    And the fact we get to belittle the IPhone.

Is that all we can come up with that we like about the IPhone? Fanboyism aside?
Search tags for this page

iphone 4 quadrant test

quadrant iphone 4 score

teste quadrant iphone 4