Things we like about IPhone4

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by mikeofmikes83, Jul 3, 2010.

1. bfg_z71

bfg_z71 New Member

I wasn't sure, so I grabbed my wife's phone.
    Clicked on FB > Friends > and right there was the option to sync.

I went back to her FB home page because it looked like she had more 'options' compared to my droid, and she does.
    Bloo (I don't use but like the notifications) has 7 options (share, inbox, feed, profile, friends, photos, events)
    I have 6 from the standard widget (news feed, friends, photos, inbox, profile, & notifications)

In addition to those 6, her iphone 4 has chat, notes, requests, events, & a second page to just add favorite friends.
    Not sure how/what that second page of favorite friends actually does, because she doesn't have anyone in there yet. I guess her husband isn't on her favorite list... :D
  2. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

I like that app that makes your signal drop in 2 seconds, real battery saver.
    Hope we can port that app over.

lol

But seriously, I like iPhone's games (the few I've played anyway). They have a nice selection of well made games. But I'm sure we'll see games like those soon, they're already starting to come up and developers seem to have their eye on Android. :)
  3. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

The iPhone 4 is amazing, the games are out of this world compared to those on android, I mean seriously are there any good games at all for android? and the iPhone 4' screen is rediculous its stunning and very sharp
  4. bfg_z71

bfg_z71 New Member

I know you're just effin' around, but I'll add my $.02

I've been with AT&T for 10 years, so I know their cell signal well in this area.
    Since switching to Verizon & getting the :motdroidvert: - there are areas where my AT&T phone worked, but now it doesn't. Not sure if thats a VZ issue, or a droid thing. It's a poor cell area to begin with, but that's just it. It was poor, but at least I had it.

Carry on...
  5. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I think it is a terrific looking phone. Too bad that antenna design flaw will be its undoing.

Fun part of this is nothing will be out from apple to compete with Gingerbread (3.0) this fall. . . :)
  6. Zandar

Zandar New Member

MY buddy has one, and I've played with it; but I just don't get it. It's a very nice screen, and a really slick design; those parts I get. What I will never understand is the UI and fanboism.

All I hear from iphone owners is, "it's such a polished UI!" The first iphone I've ever used was the iphone4, and I was honestly expecting to be a bit jealous coming from my piddly old Droid. The UI was smooth and the screen was nice, but really? It's just a bunch of apps on the screen! It's not only user unfriendly, but boring to boot; with the added benefit of not being very functional.

Here's my biggest gripe: the fanboism. It's not that they like their Apple product (brand loyalty is fine if the brand's been good to you, I think), it's that they hate everything that's not Apple to the point of making no sense. All we heard prior to iOS4 was, "who needs to multitask on a phone? why would I want a flash on a phone camera?" and the like. Now that they have multitasking, a flash, and folders, they act like it's the Second Coming. Why couldn't they just admit to wanting those features in the first place?

Can you imagine if Apple put active widgets on their homescreens, like Android? It would "change everything, again." Apple fanbois would scream the iphone5's praises to the heavens, and act like it's the most revolutionary thing on the planet. But if you show them those features on your Droid, it's, "meh, I don't need those. I like a clean home screen."

Don't get me wrong, it's great for Apple and their shareholders. I'm all for a company making a buck. But do the people giving them their money have to be such raving fanatics? I have a Droid on VZW; I know it has shortcomings. I wish I could make calls while surfing the net, or it was easier to mate with hidden SSID wifi networks. I can't imagine saying crap like, "Surf the internet and make calls? Why would I want to do that? And who hides their SSID these days? I wouldn't want to connect to a stupid hidden network."

Apple people drive me nuts sometimes.
  7. Rindaen

Rindaen New Member

Things I love about iPhone :iphone:
    Easy to use
    App Store + iTunes
    Syncs directly with PC or Mac

Zandar ,
    I know exactly what you are saying, I see it on both sides.
    I have been contemplating a Droid to see what the big deal is.
    Plenty of Fanboism on this forum as well as the iPhone forums.
    I just ignore those people on both sides.

Still contemplating my Switch to Droid :motdroidvert:
  8. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

The screen. That's it.
  9. Droidfish

Droidfish New Member

All I want from the iOS/Iphone is the I Am Tpain autotune app. I could clown around with that app for months without it getting old. Anybody feel like emailing the auto tune company an Anroid request?
  10. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 New Member

I like that "I am TPain" app too :)

I've played around with an IPhone, and got pretty indepth with the iPhone3's UI. To me, it just sees half assed. I mean, if we want a screen full of apps, we just flick the app drawer open. Easy as pie.

To add to that, to the people who may say they want everything at their finger tips... I use app manager, so with a few app manager widgets, I have access to every single app that I use on just one home screen. Sure, there may be a little learning curb for some...but to me, nothing is as easy and polished as Android.

So yeah,

The screen
    The facebook app
    The fact that its not on our network's bogging down our service
    And the fact we get to belittle the IPhone.

Is that all we can come up with that we like about the IPhone? Fanboyism aside?
  11. EgooEspada

EgooEspada New Member

The gaming on it is great; graphics and entertaining for a while.
    Course, we're starting to see games like theres for Android. With these phones having better GPUs more and more and running smoother, and Adobe AIR gaming will become greater over the next year,
  12. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 New Member

OH YEAH! I totally forgot about the gaming! I haven't personally played any IPhone games, and RoboDefence on my Droid I burnt out on in a matter of days. Cant wait to see the type of games we get for our phones, once we get some developers who are ready to start turning out something interesting. Not talking down on the current game, I'm just ready to see something compleely awesome
  13. fichdak

fichdak New Member

Damn it. I just wrote a long ass response but I lost it thanks to my lack of a good internet connection.
  14. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

The only thing I like about the iPhone4 is the form factor, that thing looks nice. Oh, and the I am TPain app, I wish someone would make one for Android.
  15. scrizzo

scrizzo New Member

I haven't seen one in person yet but i'm sure the the retina display is delightful.

I think the OS is underwhelming but I appreciate that they release new versions just maybe once a year. That eliminates the need to update some apps with every revision and/or upgrade phone models because of hardware specifications. While I appreciate that, I believe Google's constant updates are worth it though. Every update brings something new to the table and even though the release dates are messed up because of Verizon's OTA updates, the rooting community compensates for that nicely :)

Crap...forgot i'm supposed to praise the Iphone here...
  16. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 New Member

Ya know, at first, I thought the Droid's form factor was a little brickish, but its grown on me. Now I dont even realize it. I used to think it was kindda heavy, now I think other phones feel way to light. Ever seen the movie "Snatch" quote: "Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If all else fails, you can hit him with it..." Yeah...its like that, except in this case, the Droid always delivers.
  17. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

My favorite thing about the iPhone4 is that the communists that run Apple haven't found a way to force me to use it yet.
  18. fichdak

fichdak New Member

i'll rewrite my list, but take out any explanation. too lazy lol.

-app store = 100x better, both in content and organization
    -quality and design. even if you hate apple, you can't disagree. add 4 capacitive buttons and half an inch in screen of screen space and anyone would love android 2.2 on that puppy.
    -"the little things": keyboard always instant, apps always open in correct orientation, battery percentage to 1% instead of 10, copy/paste kinda sucks on android, that "magnifying glass" when selecting text, multitouch keyboard
    -integration of facetime and phone
    -screen. i don't care about that "retina" garbage, it's a total gimmick. droid's resolution is fine. i'd rather had an amoled any day. the thing about the apple screens is that they are up to 5-touch multitouch, and if you look at capacitive tests, the iPhone is way more accurate.

-iTunes sync. I will love if Google comes out with an equivalent. I use iSyncr but it would be way better to use a full, quality program to play and sync music, movies, etc.
    -I think there were some other things but I don't remember lol.

I know we all love Android and some of you hate Apple, but I would THINK that most of us agree on most of these points?
  19. briand515

briand515 New Member

I got the iPhone 4 over a week ago to give a shot my impression vs. my Droid:

The screen I'd say is a bit more readable than the Droid, though it doesn't "blow away" the Droid, it blows away previous iPhones by far.

The battery life completely blows away the Droid, I'd say it's literally twice as long.

The camera completely blows away the Droid's camera, way better color, night visibility, faster, sharper, etc.

The design is beautiful though compared to the Droid it seems like it's kinda fragile because it is all glass.

The speed is about on par with a 2.2 overclocked Droid overall, which makes the battery life you can get out of this phone all the more impressive.

It's very much the same iPhone experience that's been out for 3 years, just better.

The signal issue is very real and I do get less reception if holding the phone in my left hand WITH a case on even (3 or 4 bars instead of 5), I am in a strong signal area so I am not getting any dropped calls however.

Overall I'm still undecided whether I'm going to keep the iPhone 4 or try and sell the Droid. iPhone 4 is a great phone though with such an unfortunate design "issue".
  20. mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83 New Member

About how long is your battery life with average use? And also, can you benchmark it an post back here?
Search tags for this page

iphone 4 quadrant test

quadrant iphone 4 score

teste quadrant iphone 4