"Things that I can't do in ICS that I could before" -- OR is there an answer?

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nova launcher with Jeannie voice action and installed on system partition is awesome sauce. Without it there is no way to get voice search....which I mainly use to navigate the roadways

Just found another benefit to integrated storage.... no need to reboot after moving app to system partition.

sent from unlocked gnex

Last edited:

vtnerd

Reaction score
Question: Once you exceed 2 GB of data download, you get a notification icon that doesn't go away. With unlimited data, I don't care. Is there any way to make it go away.
Answer: :(

And YES, I've already exceeded 2 GB. In fact, I'm slightly over 6 GB. Take that, Verizon! :icon_ devil:

You are in charge of your warning level. The default is 2GB. You can also set your phone to stop data at a certain level (not helpful for those of us on unlimited, but should help get rid of overage charges for those who have caps).

Settings > Data Usage > Drag the warning line up or down to whatever level you want.

I'm on unlimited as well, but I left the level just slightly above my normal usage. That way I'll be cued in if one app starts misbehaving.

prowler85

Reaction score
You are in charge of your warning level. The default is 2GB. You can also set your phone to stop data at a certain level (not helpful for those of us on unlimited, but should help get rid of overage charges for those who have caps).

Settings > Data Usage > Drag the warning line up or down to whatever level you want.

I'm on unlimited as well, but I left the level just slightly above my normal usage. That way I'll be cued in if one app starts misbehaving.

Awesome! Thanks! I didn't know you could drag that warning bar around. Tried checking the Data Limit but that shuts off data (bad). But raising the warning bar did the trick.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a setting in Market, "Auto-add shortcuts"... just click it off there and that should work.

Don't see that. I have "auto-add homescreen widgets for new apps" but I don't think that's putting the apps on your desktop.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nova launcher with Jeannie voice action and installed on system partition is awesome sauce.

Jeannie doesn't seem to understand me very well. Maybe installing as a system app helps (but I'm not rooted yet)?

scdown

Reaction score
I couldn't get Launcher Pro to work on ICS - kept force closing upon open. Installed Go Launcher EX. Very nice - does long press on home screen, has the same 3 docks that LP did, allows up to 9 homescreens (I couldn't stand just having 5), and has some very nice downloadable widgets and themes. Very similar to LP in a lot of ways and better in some other ways as well.

And I too can't stand how it puts the app on a homescreen every time you install one. If this can be disabled, please let us know.

I'm actually not surprised by the Launcher Pro problems - it hasn't been updated since May, and I would imagine it would need work to get ICS compatibility.

wolstonc

Reaction score
Beware facebookers, if you reply to a message in the Facebook app, your keys go away and dont come back... fix is to lock and unlock into the camera app and then hit Home

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

scdown

Reaction score
Beware facebookers, if you reply to a message in the Facebook app, your keys go away and dont come back... fix is to lock and unlock into the camera app and then hit Home

#uckerberg strikes again! (good tip, will probably need to use it!)

jleeusa

Reaction score
I'm actually not surprised by the Launcher Pro problems - it hasn't been updated since May, and I would imagine it would need work to get ICS compatibility.

Yeah it rebooted my phone. Didn't even bother to fc. Oh well.

slider112

Reaction score
Don't see that. I have "auto-add homescreen widgets for new apps" but I don't think that's putting the apps on your desktop.

The new market (3.4.4) renamed "Auto-add shortcuts" to "Auto-add widgets". It is the same process, just a different name.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
The new market (3.4.4) renamed "Auto-add shortcuts" to "Auto-add widgets". It is the same process, just a different name.

You're right, it does fix that issue. Kind of a big fail on Google's part, though. Of course, I'm sure Apple has that patented and will sue them shortly to stop doing that by default.

g_what

Reaction score
Q: How do I only use 3g? 4g destroys the battery and is not always necessary.

A: Settings > More... > Mobile networks > Network mode > pick your poison