Things I want for my Droid

greenchicken

Reaction score
  1. 2 extra batteries (but not at 40 bucks a piece)
  2. Stand alone charger to charge batteries
  3. a nice pouch similar to the blackberry pouch because the Droid stays in my pouch in my shirt pocket...

jltung

Reaction score
I think your :motdroidvert: is too materialistic. :icon_evil: You are going to spoil it.

It is just going to keep demanding more and more and never be happy. :work3:

Buying more things for it does not mean you :heart: it any more.

Just show your :heart: by spending quality time with it. :beer2:

Be careful to not ignore other people in your life like wife and family.

Your wife will think you might have a mistress. :icon_censored:

(Remember Tiger :icon_ nono:)

Oh well, Xmas is around the corner, go ahead and make your :motdroidhoriz:

happy. :icon_ banana:

Happy Holidays !!! :biggrin:

moosc

Reaction score
There is a stand alone charger from vzw. The battery cost just as much as any other phone battery. Buying these on my 25% discount priceless can't help on pouch

rlandon

Reaction score
Things I would like to see are:

1. Slimline extended battery.
2. Productive apps! There's lots of themes, home, games, and the like, but where are the major apps (that work) that should be partnered with companies. I've never owned an iPhone but like the apps it has. Want a pizza, use the Dominos app. Checking the portfolio or 401K, use their app. Sure I can use the browser, but it's so small it's a pain. Do I dare ask for Word or OpenOffice (which we'll never see, check the OO forum)? Doc's to Go sucks. Had that years ago on my Palm. Never did like it. I'm sure in time we'll start seeing them, but enough with the fake razors, tricorders, and so on. They're cool "toys" but I didn't buy the phone for toys.
3. Second item 2 in OP. Would be nice to have a standby battery. Guess we could get the Duracell quickcharger with micro usb.....

I still have a couple of weeks for the 30 return. Hoping some good apps come out before Xmas.

OP
greenchicken

greenchicken

Reaction score
screw it, bought another oem battery on ebay and a stand alone charger on that fommy site...

it's only green paper

also bought beautiful widgets and and that better keyboard app too today...

Mojo

Reaction score
Things I would like to see are:

1. Slimline extended battery.
2. Productive apps! There's lots of themes, home, games, and the like, but where are the major apps (that work) that should be partnered with companies. I've never owned an iPhone but like the apps it has. Want a pizza, use the Dominos app. Checking the portfolio or 401K, use their app. Sure I can use the browser, but it's so small it's a pain. Do I dare ask for Word or OpenOffice (which we'll never see, check the OO forum)? Doc's to Go sucks. Had that years ago on my Palm. Never did like it. I'm sure in time we'll start seeing them, but enough with the fake razors, tricorders, and so on. They're cool "toys" but I didn't buy the phone for toys.
3. Second item 2 in OP. Would be nice to have a standby battery. Guess we could get the Duracell quickcharger with micro usb.....

I still have a couple of weeks for the 30 return. Hoping some good apps come out before Xmas.

Are you freaking kidding me.... your thinking of returning your Droid because there is not a pizza app.... download where or places directory. It finds all of the local restaurants and gives you their number so you can call and place a order.
Secondly iPhone apps have had 4 years of development time to come out with all of the apps available for it. Give it some time geeze.

Have you tried docs to go for android or just n the palm you had? I find docs to go very useful and quite a robust app for android. When I thought it kinda sucked on my bb.

FoFa

Reaction score
Something to lock the volume rocker button.
Biggest complaint I have about the phone.
And truly that is not that big an issue.

RedTarget

Reaction score
I may be strange in wanting this... but I'd like a one piece silicone cover that I could just slip on when I'm out of the house. I don't like the 2 piece covers and have never had any luck with them in the past. Yes, this would limit the use of the hardware keyboard, but with the silicone case, it would be easy enough to slip off that I would not really mind. This will never be made, as it would prohibit the hardware keyboard from being used, but if one is made.. i'll be one of the first in line! :) Have to keep the droid shiny and scratch free for as long as possible!

:wacko:

rlandon

Reaction score
Are you freaking kidding me.... your thinking of returning your Droid because there is not a pizza app.... download where or places directory. It finds all of the local restaurants and gives you their number so you can call and place a order.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a dedicated app. No I wouldn't return the phone just due to the lack of a pizza app. I'm talking apps with companies that work so I don't have to use the browser and deal with searching, favorites, OR placing a call. I can can save the numbers and use a shortcut for that. A phone call still won't "show" me what that vendor is selling.

Secondly iPhone apps have had 4 years of development time to come out with all of the apps available for it. Give it some time geeze.

Android is on it's second year. It's not that new. The real issue is the SDK being pushed enough for the dev's and companies to get the apps out there. Will the telcoms and Google campaign enough $$$ to make it productive and not another Palm like flop.

Have you tried docs to go for android or just n the palm you had? I find docs to go very useful and quite a robust app for android. When I thought it kinda sucked on my bb.

Like several of the apps I had for my WinMo Pro Samsung phone, I'm finding I now have to pay again (via Google checkout) just to download and reuse them on the Droid. If I paid to have a key, I shouldn't have to pay again for the same proggy. I also have a BB for work.

I've looked at the D2G site but yet to d/l it. Have been searching to see what else is available. D2G is it. The Droids only hope for a suite type app. Will try the free version for now before spending $30 for a key.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Droid and it has great potential if it is marketed properly and the apps start coming out. Just not sure if I want to get locked into another contract for a phone that has bells and whistles and not production apps. Multiple windows (apps) would be a great feture also (talk and nav, etc.)!

LordKastle

Reaction score
Correct in using the logic that the operating system has been around for a couple years now. The problem is that its been limited to mostly the T-Mobile carrier service. No offense to any previous users of this carrier but T-Mobile has been in basically last place when it comes to cell phone service. Finally with Verizon (and other carriers like Sprint, etc), the Android operating system will begin to flex its potential.