Things Are As Large As They Appear On The Samsung Galaxy Mega

AndroidDissected

Authorized Affiliate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androiddissected.com

There’s no doubt the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is a very large tablet, phablet, phone that is nothing but screen really. It’s just barely under an inch smaller than my original Nexus 7 that I used to own and to think it’s considered a phone is somewhat crazy. You’d think that with a phone that size with a screen the size that it has, that the resolution on it would be beyond amazing and awesome. Am I saying that it’s not or that it is? You’ll have to read just a bit further to get the answer to that question.

(Continue Reading @ Android Dissected)

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
Posts like this almost seem like spam to me. It is nothing more than an ad for another site. It could be a useful post if it at least gave some basic information.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
A lot of members, and some staff, have reported these posts as spam. It's not spam. In fact, one of our staff members writes for this site.

Tapped from a Nexus

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
A lot of members, and some staff, have reported these posts as spam. It's not spam. In fact, one of our staff members writes for this site.

Tapped from a Nexus

Just because it is written by a staff member does not mean that it can't look like spam. The only thing this original post really provides for the readers is a link to a different site. If you get a lot of reports about posts like this from a staff member being spam maybe that staff member needs help write better posts. If they can only write posts that readers think are spam then maybe they shouldn't be on staff.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Sort of reminds me of something that was brought out in my company's harassment training program: it's about how an action is perceived by the recipient. Whether or not the original person thought or intended it to be harassment doesn't matter.

In this case it may be argued that "we didn't think it's spam", but the fact that it's been reported multiple times suggests that the perception of the recipients (readers) is different.

PhreighnQ

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with posts that give a synopsis of an article and then link to it for those who are interested in more details, but posts like this don't really let the reader know much at all of what the link is talking about other than a basic subject.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because it is written by a staff member does not mean that it can't look like spam. The only thing this original post really provides for the readers is a link to a different site. If you get a lot of reports about posts like this from a staff member being spam maybe that staff member needs help write better posts. If they can only write posts that readers think are spam then maybe they shouldn't be on staff.

I'll keep that in mind when I copy another article over, and I appreciate your candid response.

sparkyman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Its funny how junior droid fits him soo much more then he will ever realize.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I played with the mega at att and I will pass. The phone just feels to clunky to me. Almost like it truly struggles to fit in either the phablet or tablet category (funny because phablet was created to put the note in a cetegory of its own since it was bigger than a phone but smaller than a tablet). The resolution didnt bother me as much but the overall build just didnt feel like a phone I could carry. Next to my n2 in a UAG case the phone was about the same width but taller. With that said I do think there will be a market for it especially for people wanting a bigger device to help them read text and navigate through the device easier.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Since this is the Android news forum, I think this is the perfect place for the OP. It's a news article. Thanks to Android Dissected for another wonderful site and Guidot for all he does. He embodies what Android should be.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I played with the mega at att and I will pass. The phone just feels to clunky to me. Almost like it truly struggles to fit in either the phablet or tablet category (funny because phablet was created to put the note in a cetegory of its own since it was bigger than a phone but smaller than a tablet). The resolution didnt bother me as much but the overall build just didnt feel like a phone I could carry. Next to my n2 in a UAG case the phone was about the same width but taller. With that said I do think there will be a market for it especially for people wanting a bigger device to help them read text and navigate through the device easier.

Make it s pen capable and it'd be my next phone and I'd sell all my tablets to pay for it since I wouldn't need them anymore.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Notate

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the number of people who come to my kiosk interested in the Mega. I quickly show them why the Note is substantially better