thin plastic cover behind screen

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
The thin plastic liner behind my screen (when the phone is slid open), is coming off. Does anyone know if it is important that it stays on, or if it is ok for me to just peel it off? Does it serve a purpose, like reduce friction when sliding the keyboard out? Thanks!

FootballRef

Reaction score
Peel it off. I didn't know about mine for a few days. It is just a protective cover like the one that comes the screen from the factory.

You phone may slide better once you take it off

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just protective packaging, rip that sucker off. It's basically serves the same purpose the front little cover serves when you first open the box.

igniteoc

Reaction score
hahahaha I never noticed this. My phone does slide better now.

Viper323

Reaction score
I had mine on for a few months before I ever even knew it was there! It started to bubble and stuff so I ripped it off, been great ever since!

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Thanks. I thought something was scatching my phone when I slid it and it was starting to peel. I just had not tried to find out what it was. Now I have taken it off and Yes my phone does slide easier.

relentive

Reaction score
Brilliant!!! Ha ha.

That's awesome. Ha ha. Just happened to read this post and look at my phone. Wow! Slides better now that that's off. LOL. So insane. :motdroidhoriz:

We can hack our Droids, make custom ROMs, themes, etc., but what the heck is that piece of plastic behind our phones!? LOL. Amusing. So nice to have it off and sliding better.

kaboyd

Reaction score
Mine came off a couple months ago and ever since my phone will open in my pocket. It's pretty annoying, and a battery drain IMO

lschmitt

Reaction score
Mine came off a couple months ago and ever since my phone will open in my pocket. It's pretty annoying, and a battery drain IMO

That's the answer I was looking for. Now I won't be taking mine off. Mines been peeling and I've been debating rippin' the sucker off for a few weeks now. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Is this happening to anyone else?

MrC1122

Reaction score
thanks for the heads up guys...i was gonna rip mine off just moments before seeing this! =}

J

Johnly

Hack a sticker to stop the metal on metal shrilly...
IMG_2046.JPG