Thin may be IN, but......

OP
Lenagainster

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.

I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)

anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?

Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......

I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

I really think there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Read another post on the Nexus forum about someone who cracked the screen in less than 24 hours. Did a search on "cracked" and came up with several comments:

Hello! First time poster. Got My Nexus Friday after ordering Thursday morning. By mid-morning Saturday I had a cracked screen.

I dropped a bracelet on my phone while it was in my lap and it cracked my screen (Razr)

anyone's droid razr screen crack as easily as mine did?

Gorilla Glass has been great on my OG droid and my Droid X, many a heart stopping drop, but never a scratch on the screen. I've had sides nicked up, but the screens have never shown any sign of damage....Unfortunatly, I can't say the same for the RAZR. It fell off my nightstand yesterday, small scratch on the top corner of frame, and a LARGE crack from about 6mm in on top, down to about the middle......

I managed to break the Gorilla glass without even realizing it at first (Nexus)

I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.

Most of all they need to stop being so careless with their new 600 dollar device. Lol. And they need to use protection. Most of all...the should just use a rezound. Lol. Theres my plug.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

skennelly

Reaction score
First time I've seen someone consider whether they can sit on a phone part of the decsion. I'm thinking it's not good to sit on any of them

+ 1. I wouldn't even sit on my old flip phones or nokia's. They're mostly plastic, I'm 170 lbs, do the math.

smokiedabong

Reaction score

I really thing there is a basic design flaw in the physical shape of the Nexus and Razr causing the glass to crack. First responders are getting the shaft, because the damage is not covered (fully) either by the manufacturer or insurance. It will take months or perhaps a class action suit to show there is a weakness in the design of those phones and not the users' fault.

Now that's just ridiculous, it's like asking for a Smart car to be as resistant as a Hummer in a crash and sue them cause they aren't. What did you expect, to have a fancy 7mm glass phone resistant as a Nokia 3310? Use some common sense, if you aren't careful with your phones buy a case or get a more rugged phone. It's not their fault that you drop your phones.