Thin Lines on Left Hand Side of Screen

HavoC

Reaction score
Today I dropped my Droid 2 in the hallway at my house, and when I picked it up, I noticed there are now two thin red and green lines along the left side of the screen (in portrait position). There is also a slightly thicker purple line in the top left corner that does not run the length of the screen like the others, as well as a small diagonal line in the same upper left corner that may be a physical crack on the screen. I cannot feel any textural difference along the surface of the screen, so I cannot say for sure that it is cracked anywhere.

The phone still operates normally, and the screen isn't any less responsive to my touch in these areas, so thankfully this isn't a huge issue at the moment. I was wondering if the lines may be caused by something else (possibly the cable connecting the touchscreen to the phones motherboard came loose)? If anyone has an idea as to what exactly is wrong and/or knows some way I could go about fixing it please let me know, any help is greatly appreciated.

Some additional info: I do not have insurance on this phone, I purchased it off ebay about 4 - 5 months ago. I am eligible for an upgrade with verizon, but since the droid 3 doesn't have 4G, I was hoping I would have this phone to help me wait for something with a dual core processor, 4G, and a physical keyboard (if it ever even happens).

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
HavoC

HavoC

Reaction score
mods can delete this thread, I made a similar post in the Droid 2 tech issues section, and got an answer there. thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums