These signal drops are getting ridiculous

Lois

Reaction score
Well, first day of use seemed better. One oddity, though, after I invoked it, my tap-sounds went away, and the setting to turn it back on crashed. I rebooted and was able to restore the tap-sounds. I'll report back after a few days of use. I do get 4G fine in other locations; it' just real spotty in my office.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Lois, hi, I have the sounds and the vibrate feed back (haptec whatever) on my board and no matter how much I play with the settings in different apps the feedback and volume is different.

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
Tried turning on global mode and off, same problems. I am going to try a factory wipe this weekend and only install foxfi and reddit news free (my only main apps) and if the problem persists, im taking it straight to verizon.

eek88dj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Drop sinal

I tried the app LTE on/off. Now it says 1X it don't change. Need help?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You need to have it set to lte/CDMA/evdo. Then reboot your device :)

Lois

Reaction score
After a few days of use, I'm a convert to the LTE on/off app. Not only am I getting much better battery life, but my battery isn't getting hot like it used to (measured both by touch and via a widget that displays battery temp.)

Lois

Reaction score
I think it comes back to 4G on power-up, but I set to 3G when I arrive at the office, where I have the problem; then I put it on WiFi at home, and let it go on 4G elsewhere, unless I notice it getting hot, and then I put it back on 3G, which seems to be pretty reliable at work - or at least when that signal is problematic it doesn't seem to heat up or drain the battery like it does when it's trying to connect 4G and has difficulty.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
I leave mine on 3g unless I have a need to download large files. I.e. PDFs or updates.

OP
X

Xproplayer

Reaction score
I turned the setting to Global mode, but it still had the problem, but it seemed to have a small helpful effect. Over time the problem fixed itself, I think it was something relevant to my data usage, but I have no proof.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Make sure you have it in LTE /CDMA mode and make sure under settings, data usage that "set mobile data limit" is left unchecked (unless you do have a tiered plan).

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums