Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
d4.jpg

razrs.jpg

razrmaxx.jpg

J

JohnDroid

If the Droid 4 has ICS I would switch. Once you have ICS though (Nexus) -- it's hard to go back :(

TayDee

Reaction score
My Razr's battery works just fine, I don't see the need for this version. But the droid 4 looks nice, I'll probably get it for my next upgrade; unless the droid 5 is being talked about by then.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Droid will have a decent physical keyboard. I had an LG Voyager before I got the OG Droid and not having separate keys for numbers was strange for me.

tigerdog

Reaction score
Maybe not - Global capable?

I checked Motorola's web site to see if there is a new phone coming with global capabilities. I knew Sprint already had a phone with CDMA, LTE and global capabilities. Verizon wouldn't stand for that, right? Ah ha! - droid 4! I check the specs and there's CDMA, LTE... and no GSM, no HSDPA, no global anything. :frown:

Is Verizon leaving us travelers to choose from iPhones and warmed-over HTCs? Hopefully there's good news somewhere.

TayDee

Reaction score
On droid-life there was an article saying that GSM would be enabled sometime in the near future on the D4

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really want to switch back to Moto and the real DROID brand, but they got to bring something better to the table. I have a Rezound, I love it but I miss the moto feel. My Droid and Droid X just felt solid, like I could throw it threw a wall pick it up and continue on about my day. Not so much with the Rezound and Gnex. My next purchase will be at the end of March, I hope there is something better. I'm not feeling the latest phones, seems like they could have stepped up the D4 a bit more.

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If the Droid 4 has ICS I would switch. Once you have ICS though (Nexus) -- it's hard to go back :(

I kinda feel the same about the RAZR Maxx. I think the added thickness might make it a little easier to grip. But after experiencing ICS on my Gnex I don't think it could go back to GB.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I really want to switch back to Moto and the real DROID brand, but they got to bring something better to the table. I have a Rezound, I love it but I miss the moto feel. My Droid and Droid X just felt solid, like I could throw it threw a wall pick it up and continue on about my day. Not so much with the Rezound and Gnex. My next purchase will be at the end of March, I hope there is something better. I'm not feeling the latest phones, seems like they could have stepped up the D4 a bit more.

Unfortunately phones are moving to thin and light so my guess is those tough Moto days are gone.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt it will come stock ics...but who knows for sure

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

the pictures do show capacitive buttons and ics doesnt need them at all so I have to agree on the doubtfulness of pre-installed ics