TheSavageSquid's NirtiScript Unthrottle Tool

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
If you know how to unthrottle your device this is exactly how to do it, all I did was automate it. This script was designed for the Droid 2, I do not have a droid 2 global so I can not say if it works or not.

How it works

It pulls the file services.jar from your phone, decompiles it, deletes the files with throttleservices in the name, compiles services.jar, and pushes it back into your phone

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did this when the thread first appeared and it seemed to work great on my d2

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

1dtms

Reaction score
has anyone tried this for the droid X? will it work?

antman1

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently unthrottled my Droid 2 and thought that the process was a little too confusing for most people. This tool follows the same idea as DarkOnion's Root tool. It simply runs the scripts that unthrottle your phone for you. Just unzip the file to your computer and run NitriScript.exe

Why NitriScript?

Nitris Oxide is laughing gas. It also makes cars go faster and propels whipped cream.

This is taking unthrottling and making it faster and easier, like putting nitris in a car.

Download:NitriScript - Mediafire

This was designed for the droid 2, I have no idea if it will work for other phones. Please email me personally if there are serious bugs as I do not check this site daily.

I wanted to report back on this. I have a droid 1 model a855 and it is running Cynogen w/Gingerbread 2.3.4, I ran this and it worked great on my Droid 1 using Cricket Carrier.

Last edited:

mjs1015

Reaction score
Can I flash this in clockwork recovery?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mjs1015

Reaction score
I mean can I flash the zip file in clockwork or do I have to use my pc?

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
I cant really be sure. I dont know what was patched, but I reverted to a nandroid hoping to undo the damage this hack did and installed the hack I linked to for build.prop.

For those who are not willing to try this yet due to the "closed source" nature(i use this term loosely) of this hack, Here is a more "open source" hack you can try.
[Mod] Improved 3G/Edge Speeds
For me I had better results using the method I have just linked to then this script.

I have attempted to contact the Dev of this NitriScript by PM since there is no way to email him as per his request, but no response yet. I have asked him to provide more information on what his hack does. Regardless I do appreciate his hard work devloping this, but my conclusion was that I had better results using the edit to build.prop I linked to. I can say that this NitriScript does not appear to be the same hack as it does not modify build.prop.

It doesn't because the ThrottleServices files are located within /system/framework/services.jar

and if you take classes.dex out of it and go to /com/android/server/ you will find

ThrottleService$1.smali
ThrottleService$2.smali
ThrottleService$DataRecorder.smali
ThrottleService$InterfaceObserver.smali
ThrottleService$MyHandler.smali
ThrottleService$SettingsObserver.smali
ThrottleService.smali

What NitroScript does is just that, but then it deletes those, recompiles classes.dex, puts it back into Services.jar, and puts Services.jar back into your phone.

mjs1015

Reaction score
Ok thank you ill try it out today.

Spilly99

Reaction score
Is there a need to re-run the program after a CM7 nightly update?