There's a question mark in the battery and ....

Helpmepls

Reaction score
Ok I am new to verizon wireless got my first phone in January of this year. Got a Droid 2 didn't really use it at first because i had another phone already. but when i started using it it kept cutting off and cutting back on by itself so i yook it to the store they reset it and put task manager on but that didn't fix the problem. Got a new phone and the old battery kept showing a ? instead of battery level so they gave me a new battery new battery worked fine charged it and then the next day when i plugged it in the wall to charge the light by the battery would light up but the screen wouldn't come on so another trip to the verizon store tested the battery in other phones said it was fine tested charger said it was fine. so now i got another new battery when they plug it in at the store it has bars soon as i get back home it goes back to the ? don't know what's going on has any1 esle had problems like this. biggest problem is it keeps cutting off by itself sometimes it cuts back on other times it doesn't now also when it has a ? in the battery it will not let me charge. it will have bars sometimes and then it'll cut off then back on and it'll be the ? again. any help anyone. my phone has been off pretty much for a whole week already can't seem to get it to stay on help would be much appreciated or any suggestions for a better phone.

dominator77

Reaction score
The battery life on mine is horrible...I know there are many tweeks and downloads and setting changes to save battery life but I dont have the time or know how to do most of those things.. Ive been with verizon for 10 years. In answer to your question, I personally think almost every other phone verizon has is better than droid 2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
My battery life is alright.....I get about 36 hours or so of moderate use out of mine. Does it do that no matter what outlet you plug into?

technopeasant

Reaction score
That question mark can mean the charge voltage is too high. Anything much over 5.1 volts will do it. I suspect wrong polarity could do it too, but I'm not brave enuf to try that.
Low charge voltage or low charge current will cause the screen to cycle on and off or go bright and dim, depending on battery state.
Can you plug your phone into a computer USB port? If that charges it okay, the AC charger or its charge cable (or your wall current) is the problem, not the phone or battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
The ? mark means its not recognizing the battery. Probably why it wont charge. This will happen if you take the battery out while its plugged in to the wall charger. If you do this the phone may reboot, but when it comes on you'll see the ? mark. My guess is dirty contacts on the phone side, the terminals not touching the battery contacts or a defected phone. If its still under warranty, I'd see if VZW could replace it. That my 2 cents.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Used to have this on my Backflip. I would just remove the battery and restart the phone and it went away.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The battery life on mine is horrible...I know there are many tweeks and downloads and setting changes to save battery life but I dont have the time or know how to do most of those things.. Ive been with verizon for 10 years. In answer to your question, I personally think almost every other phone verizon has is better than droid 2.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Hey hey let's not bad mouth the d2. I love my phone. I would say I get average life from my battery. Better since liberty.

Sent from my Liberated DROID2