Theremin/Synth App?

dontcare

Reaction score
Are there any apps out there that use the phones proximity sensor or camera for a theremin? Is there any way to hack into the prox sensor too even make an app like this? I love instruments and the coolest one for the droid I've seen so far is Ethereal Dialpad (which is pretty cool but I want more)...I would LOVE to use the phones features as an instrument though other than touch...

Even hacking into the magnetic sensor so I could use a metal ring on my finger to control the magnetic field to create sounds or something you know? I mean this seems plausible but I'm not a developer and I'm not aware of anything like this yet so just wondering if any of yall know anything about this.

-dc

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh man Theremin's are not very well known but such a sweet instrument. My one friend can play one pretty well. I have seen a lady that played classical music on one perfectly... no idea how thats even possible! Ethereal Dialpad is pretty cool. Neat to mess with. I don't know other cool onces, but would like to.........

bekyndnunwind

Reaction score
I like 'Etherophone'....doesn't currently support any of the phones sensors though, uses 100% touch screen. Works great though!

I'm glad there are some other people out there who know about theremins.

Last edited: