There Will Be An Update to 2.1

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
from android and me

Circle May 19th on your calendar. This is the opening day of Google I/O and I’m anticipating the release of Android 2.2

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The bug was for formatting the SD, in the original posting, it also says one can format on a computer then mount and use, but I agree there likely will be another ota, likely just prior to or post flash, which would make sense...

nateccnn

Reaction score
Yea lets start it all over again:

Will it have pinch to zoom
will it be rootable
when will it be out.
I am so angry at moto/vzw/ google that they are taking so long to send out updates.

Did I miss any of the obvious questions/complaints/ comments.

Will it screw up my root I just put on my 2.1ESE81? LOL If I have to type all those commands on my keyboard again I'm going to have carpel tunnel!

Nate

iPirate

Reaction score
can Google release OTA updates that don't require the phone manufactures to review the code?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wish they would, but ultimately the carrier, verizon in our case, has the final say over google and motorola.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
bit on an oversight. play.com has it listed for 89.99 on pre order. bit too expensive still. :-s

lets hope good will come from it and they bundle in more extras with the update

What's this? They're going to charge $89.99 for 2.2??? I'm outraged. Let's start a petition!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
bit on an oversight. play.com has it listed for 89.99 on pre order. bit too expensive still. :-s

What's this? They're going to charge $89.99 for 2.2??? I'm outraged. Let's start a petition!

that could start something....google putting the ota on the market.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

that could start something....google putting the ota on the market.

Well, to drag this away from humor to reality, I read a few weeks ago that Google is exploring ways to segregate code in a way that would allow smaller updates and enhancements to be distributed via the Market.

The problem, of course, is that there's a big difference between updating an app (e.g. Google Maps) and updating the o/s kernel. I think the conundrum is that the various versions will all have to reach parity before a version of the o/s could be released that would then enable such somewhat more fundamental changes.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Well, to drag this away from humor to reality, I read a few weeks ago that Google is exploring ways to segregate code in a way that would allow smaller updates and enhancements to be distributed via the Market.

The problem, of course, is that there's a big difference between updating an app (e.g. Google Maps) and updating the o/s kernel. I think the conundrum is that the various versions will all have to reach parity before a version of the o/s could be released that would then enable such somewhat more fundamental changes.

I read that article also, interesting idea and would work great to reduce "fragmentation" once they develop an OS that will support it, which is the key to making that work. Then we could easily update the core apps as we pleased. Don't like the Launcher, update it to another..etc, etc.

Joker

Reaction score

Where do I sign.:icon_ deal: Should I start a new Thread for this?

bassjason

Reaction score
My brother's father's son's friend's cousin works at Verizon and said 2.2 is coming out this weekend!

Joker

Reaction score
My brother's father's son's friend's cousin works at Verizon and said 2.2 is coming out this weekend!

Funny, I got that same insider information from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, who also happens to work for Verizon. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Hey guys, you've ignored my last 12 posts. Could someone please tell me what the widgit is on the 3rd page, 2nd from last post, 6th picture in the kinda upper left corner?

Also, I haven't tried searching yet or reading the previous 6 pages, could someone just tell me when 2.2.2 will be out? I just gotta have flash!

OP
hookbill

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Funny, I got that same insider information from my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate, who also happens to work for Verizon. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Come on guys if you want to have fun with it by all means be my guest but the my uncles father has a brother that worked at Verizon stuff is old material. Lets have fresh stuff.

Wait a minute. I better be careful what I ask for. Nevrmind.;)