There Will Be An Update to 2.1

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OH NO, now the DF News Team and Beta Teams are posting!!!

We need backup.... bring MORE STRAITJACKETS!!!

Well, at least the the DF Rescue Squad isn't here too...those guys work too hard to join this "looney bin" thread!!! :icon_eek:

:icon_ banana:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Yea lets start it all over again:

Will it have pinch to zoom
will it be rootable
when will it be out.
I am so angry at moto/vzw/ google that they are taking so long to send out updates.

Did I miss any of the obvious questions/complaints/ comments.

WAIT... I missed this one...the DF Rescue Squad is already here!!

Thank heavens at least the DF ADMINS are still SANE!!

:)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OH NO, now the DF News Team and Beta Teams are posting!!!

We need backup.... bring MORE STRAITJACKETS!!!

Well, at least the the DF Rescue Squad isn't here too...those guys work too hard to join this "looney bin" thread!!! :icon_eek:

We technically started it (actually droidlife did). This is a thread that is need after last week. So every one should live it up and make it like the fun times. Where mods had to spend time worrying about repeat 2.1 (now 2.2) threads popping up all over the place.
But really who said it is going to be 2.2, it may be 2.1 update version 2. This will be ready by the middle of summer. It will be pushed to droids, nexus, incredible, and eris (maybe). So enjoy the 2.1 update version 2.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If I don't get 2.2 tonight I'm gonna sue moto/verizion!!!:)

Hey why not sue me for telling you about it?:rofl3:

Check your front door........someone said a Sheriff is knocking with some papers in his hand........and the guys in the white coats are right behind him carrying a cool looking white jacket...WITH BUCKLES !!

[BTW, can we get Admin to move the edit button farther away from the quote button <ducking>]

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If I didn't post it, someone else would of.:) Now lets just see how many duplicate threads I see on this. :D

Except you are on the newsteam. We expect to see news come from that team!

My understanding is that if you are on 2.1 but have rooted you can flash back to 2.01 using sbf. From there you merge that file with the 2.1 sbf file and truncate off the extra bits. Set those aside though because you will need them later. This would be a good time to use Titanium Backup to save your apps and data. Following this you also will need to use SetCPU to set your rom at the secret setting by first setting it to 900mhz, then 600mhz, then 1100 mhz. Do so in a clockwise rotation sequence of course, just like the school locker locks. Finally, you take those extra bits we set aside, and using ADB we push those onto the otacert file and obtain the enhanced 2.2 OTA upgrade before it is even released. With that in hand we can use Root Exployer to once again change file permissions and disable the certs to prevent further unwanted upgrades in the future.

But the real questions is....if they said we needed 2.1 to run Flash will the 2.2 OTA block Flash from working on my phone?

JimmyD

Reaction score
:icon_eek: DO WANT NOW!!!

:icon_eek: WILL IT HAVE 17 SCREENS INSTEAD OF 3?!?

:icon_eek: WILL IT HAVE LIVE ICONS?!?

:icon_eek: WILL IT HAVE FLASH GORDON MOVIE FILES?!?

:icon_eek: WILL IT MAKE MY HARD CASE FIT IN THE MOTOROLA DOCK?!?

:biggrin: :popcorn: I'm glad this thread was started!

I can't wait for the release date drama and rumored feature assumptions to begin flying.... it's a guilty pleasure of mine to read stuff like that on these forums. :icon_ goofy:

e1225d9e70a84ab474556f0751842212ed09288.gif
egzaq9jpg.gif
11j6i4x.jpg

9sfmrk.gif
scarjo_popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread is great after reading all 4 pages df staff has as many posts as anyone else this is great now ... how long before this goes way off topic and the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::beer2: starts i think i will stick around and watch:popcorn:

JimmyD

Reaction score
..... ... how long before this goes way off topic and the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::beer2: starts i think i will stick around and watch:popcorn:

:icon_ goofy: heh! I guess I'm not the only one who feels this way!!! LOL! :icon_ goofy:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
..... ... how long before this goes way off topic and the :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::beer2: starts i think i will stick around and watch:popcorn:

:icon_ goofy: heh! I guess I'm not the only one who feels this way!!! LOL! :icon_ goofy:

you beat me too it and it was way better:clap::clap: