Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This whole thread is jokes and speculation. Don't take too much of it seriously...

Noooooooo... I really wanted a antique fuchsia colored trackball

That's still possible, but you have to be rooted and they call it "distressed" instead of antique.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KevinJ

Reaction score
My sources state that the update should be out sometime before the next Blue Moon. So take that for what it's worth. So excited! Can't wait! :icon_ banana:

Well, the next Blue Moon is in August 2012. So anytime in the next 2.4 years then.

Kias

Reaction score
My sources state that the update should be out sometime before the next Blue Moon. So take that for what it's worth. So excited! Can't wait! :icon_ banana:

Well, the next Blue Moon is in August 2012. So anytime in the next 2.4 years then.

Unless they're using the Farmers Almanac definition of a Blue Moon, then it'll be out by November 21 of this year!

vtrider159

Reaction score
I really do not want another 'update' for as long as I own my now 'nearly bricked' 2.1 slug.

I am really considering dropping the data plan on my account and unloading the 'Droid doesn't....even stay on" this week lol.

I read on Engadget on my phone when the app actually loads that Motorola is dumping google and moving away from high end phones...but come on, if the thing can't handle 2.1, don't give it to us lol.

All I got out of 2.1 was a gallery which barely loads and some lame live wallpapers that bog the phone down and make it run like a misfiring 2 stroke motor.

Sorry- end of rant lol.

vtrider159

Reaction score
Oh I get it......I'm supposed to feel insulted. lol. I typed nothing incorrect, but someone with keyboard muscles wanted to be heard.

I read on the site that Motorola was moving away from high end smart phones, The app loaded and I was finally able to read it after about 2 minutes of looking at a black screen.

Who knows what motorola has planned. If this is the case, what will happen to the Droid 2 rumor mill.

jsh1120 is a grammar and english professor of this forum? I'll remember that. I'll also remember that he does not capitalize his initials in his username.

I think I irritated a fanboy for the first time...someone please check and see if I'm correct.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Oh I get it......I'm supposed to feel insulted. lol. I typed nothing incorrect, but someone with keyboard muscles wanted to be heard.

I read on the site that Motorola was moving away from high end smart phones, The app loaded and I was finally able to read it after about 2 minutes of looking at a black screen.

Who knows what motorola has planned. If this is the case, what will happen to the Droid 2 rumor mill.

jsh1120 is a grammar and english professor of this forum? I'll remember that. I'll also remember that he does not capitalize his initials in his username.

I think I irritated a fanboy for the first time...someone please check and see if I'm correct.

What? Motorola moving away from smartphones on Engadget? Me thinks you are delusional. If it weren't for the Droid motorola would still be spinning out of control into financial ruin. This is their first phone since the RAZR that has had any traction in the market. As for your phone not handling 2.1 ummmm.... yeah ok. My suggestion is that you do a factory reset. That should clear up any issues you are having.

EDIT: If you still have problems after the factory reset you can always bring it back to Verizon and they will replace the device.

vtrider159

Reaction score
I found this on Phandroid about moto moving away from google to Skyhook, it was a phandroid app, not the engadget that I saw it on. I feel the same way about moto phones and just talked to verizon about warranty action thanks.

[Update] Motorola Dumps Google Maps For Skyhook

by Quentyn Kennemer on April 26th, 2010

Besides the fact that this press release is dated for April 27th, 2010, we’re appalled by the information that it brings us: Motorola will preload Skyhook’s location services on its Android-based devices in place of Google Maps and Navigation Beta. In an unexpected “it’s not you, it’s me” type of event, Motorola’s vice president of software and services product management Christy Wyatt chimed in with her own commentary:
“Motorola is committed to providing rich location services for our customers and developer partners,” said Christy Wyatt, corporate vice president of software and services product management for Motorola Mobile Devices. “Precise location is central to the mobile experience, and Skyhook’s Core Location will enhance Motorola’s Android-based mobile devices with its innovative location technology.”
The move doesn’t seem to be hostile, as we haven’t heard of any rumblings between Google and Motorola, but it is very ballsy, nonetheless. It’s not clear whether or not this change will be reflected in upcoming 2.1 updates for Motorola’s phones, but we should start to see new phones carry Skyhook from here on out.
An interesting thing to note is that Skyhook has developed their location service so that developers would not have to change their code: something I’m sure a lot of developers would be relieved about. Now, please, excuse us while we take a truckload of tissues and a crying shoulder to the Googleplex. This break up wasn’t very easy for them.
[via Engadget]

[Update]: Seems we may have misunderstood Skyhook. It appears that they may just be implementing their core location features, which handles the triangulation part of the equation, into Motorola’s Android handsets. Google Maps and Navigation Beta itself may not be at stake here, however it’s imperative to remember that no one has said otherwise, either. If any more information surfaces regarding this, we’ll let you know.

Darkseider

Reaction score
You do realize what the article states, right? Motorola is not moving away from Android or Google at all. What they are doing is going to be implementing SkyHook's backend for triangulation as opposed to using Google's triangulation services. Essentially same front end with Google Maps and everything else just a faster and better perfroming backend. No different than switching your ISP from a 56k dial up connection to Verizon FiOS. You still have your browser of choice just that everything downloads quicker.

Darkseider

Reaction score
I found this on Phandroid about moto moving away from google to Skyhook, it was a phandroid app, not the engadget that I saw it on...

And this little tempest in a teapot is related to Verizon moving away from "high end smartphones" in what way?

You're such a prick! For whatever reason the whole "little tempest in a teapot" struck me funny and I shot my coffee out of my nose and onto my keyboard/monitor! You sir owe me a box of tissues! :)