"There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it."

rastaman1201

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a noob to this whole thing. I just rooted my Verizon RAZR Maxx HD and when I tried to load Super User I got this message, "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!"

I have a Verizon RAZR Maxx HD and used Motochopper to root my phone.

How do I install or update SU binary?

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You will need to UNINSTALL the original file, then download the app again.
Keeping the original file will not allow you to update the same app, it will refer to the original and pop up the same message over and over again.

I had this issue after I rooted my Droid X, I tried to fudge the install to load over the original file, but it just clogged it up and looked for the SU binary, which would never show up.
I uninstalled the app, rebooted and performed the download again, selected the proper option as shown (install superuser, and selected that), and rebooted.
This time, I had superuser access, and ran to grab Titanium Backup and ROM Toolbox.

OP
R

rastaman1201

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the reply.

I uninstalled the program, shut off phone, reinstalled supersu, restarted phone, but still the same problem.

You said there is a specific file I need to uninstall, did you mean the program supersu or and individual file? If so what is the specific file I need to uninstall and how do i do it?

Thanks for your time.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
You need to uninstall the entire 'root' program, this is the cause of the stoppage.
It is looking for a specific section of the program, and can't locate it, so it halts.
Are you using a USB cable to root the device, or did you download FRAMAROOT, which is a fast download, and installs simply.

You can find this file on google play under that name.
This is the program/apk I was referring to actually, thinking this is what you were trying to get to run(my ignorance).

OP
R

rastaman1201

Reaction score
You need to uninstall the entire 'root' program, this is the cause of the stoppage.
It is looking for a specific section of the program, and can't locate it, so it halts.
Are you using a USB cable to root the device, or did you download FRAMAROOT, which is a fast download, and installs simply.

You can find this file on google play under that name.
This is the program/apk I was referring to actually, thinking this is what you were trying to get to run(my ignorance).

Ok thanks,

I used motochopper to root my phone via USB cable to my computer. I followed this tutorial off of youtube [video=youtube;YIEO0pedtzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIEO0pedtzE[/video] . If you watch the youtube tutorial the guys phone says "failure" on one of the lines as it installs, I got the same failure on my phone when I went through the install process. I'm thinking this has something to do with the problem, but I'm really not sure what the heck it would be.

So, your saying I should use framaroot to uninstall the data completely and then re-install supersu? Sorry for the confusion.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
I see the issue...
I think the best way to cleanse your phone, is to clean out the last root attempt, and look for the app I mentioned: 'framaroot'.
It's fast, NO USB connection, and simple to get up and running. If you do have problems with getting the SU binaries to load, you can uninstall it, reload it and do it again, and without the time taken by other 'root' programs.
Once you do get it loaded on your phone, you can also grab an app called 'Root Checker', and ths will indicate your root access level, with which you can inspect your build info on your phone.
This is what Root Checker looks like.
View attachment 66338
View attachment 66339
I think either the name changed, or I am lost, as all I find is the app: Superuser, which I believe to be the same thing.
Either way, this is what I have, and how it appears on my screen....
View attachment 66340
View attachment 66341
These are the icons that show, the first is the QR code which appears in the apps menu, then once Superuser has installed, you will see the Android appear.

OP
R

rastaman1201

Reaction score
I see the issue...
I think the best way to cleanse your phone, is to clean out the last root attempt, and look for the app I mentioned: 'framaroot'.
It's fast, NO USB connection, and simple to get up and running. If you do have problems with getting the SU binaries to load, you can uninstall it, reload it and do it again, and without the time taken by other 'root' programs.
Once you do get it loaded on your phone, you can also grab an app called 'Root Checker', and ths will indicate your root access level, with which you can inspect your build info on your phone.
This is what Root Checker looks like.
View attachment 66338
View attachment 66339
I think either the name changed, or I am lost, as all I find is the app: Superuser, which I believe to be the same thing.
Either way, this is what I have, and how it appears on my screen....
View attachment 66340
View attachment 66341
These are the icons that show, the first is the QR code which appears in the apps menu, then once Superuser has installed, you will see the Android appear.

Ok thanks. I've been reading up on it but I can't find where it says it will work for a RAZR Maxx HD. I read the list of phones that it works for and my phone is not on there.....and it says to wait until it is listed...?

Do you have a RAZR Maxx HD?

OP
R

rastaman1201

Reaction score
Does my phone need to be rooted in order to unlock it?

Thanks

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Sorry for the delay in responding.

But I am going to try to place the application here, so you can download it and open /use it.
Here is the link.: [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices - xda-developers

There is a list of applicable devices to browse, and I do not know if your device is posted....But always check.

I used this .apk on all my devices, and it really is fast and works! The version I used is: 1.4.1. which is the top listed .apk at the bottom, showing the version along with a QR code app as well.

seanmct

Reaction score
hey, its a little late but hopefully i can help

to me it sounds like your phone isnt rooted!!! if the root failed, well you had a problem, i had the same problem, i used a different version of motochopper and it worked fine, here is the link to download it, wait 5 seconds then, extract the file contents, run the run.bat , make sure you dont click anything on the site, just let it download, it is for droid razr maxx HD, good luck!!! i hope it works out for you, took me a few hours of searches to finally find it
the link :
Simple File Sharing and Storage.

Last edited:

tootruu

Reaction score
hey i am having the same issue, i rooted my phone using kingo adroid ROOT and it came preinstalled with superSU. i tried to uninstall it from the playstore but it won't let me. and it keeps saying the SU binary needs to be updated. and i even tried to unroot my phone but the superSU app is still installed. what do i do?

Last edited:

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Gaining 'root' access..

Since I do not have a 'modern' phone, I was working under the wrong assumption that the Droid X was somewhat identical to the Maxx, and it isn't.
But superuser, or Supersu can be found through the play store under ChainsDD, which has this app posted there.
I wish I was far more helpful, but have little actual experience with newer devices aside from my Nexus 7.
I have found that I had to fully uninstall the complete file path, and Framaroot installs superuser as a separate icon,in addition to the main Framaroot app you install from.

I wish you luck in obtaining root access to your phone, this will gain you a lot of additional functionality, and allow you to begin fully cusomizing your device the way you want it to be.
A second app you may wish to download, is Rom Toolbox, by Jrummy, also on the play store. They have both the free and paid app for this.
Another fine app is Titanium Backup, I suggest the paid app over the free version.

Happy 2014!

Harinder

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung galaxy fame
hi,
i have problem with my phone I have rooted it then reset it now,when I sign in my any Google account it asks to connect with wifi nd I connected my device to wifi but again it does not login in my Google account nd by this I m suffering to download anything from Google playstore..what could I do now????

tae mo panot

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
gionee pioneer n2
U just need to reboot it it happens even in non rooted devices...easy

But how can u recover a lost system file...my rooted phone broke because of this :^|

Last edited: